IT Security Analyst
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-045
Posting Start Date: 12/20/2017
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $57,870 - $65,171
IT Data & Security Analyst
Overview of position:
The Information Technology (IT) Data and Security Analyst is responsible for operational reporting and analytics and for supporting tasks related to the protection of BCCC's information assets and information technology resources.
Reporting and analytic duties include the use of tools like MS Excel, MS SQL and data visualization software to provide reports and analytics to ITS and divisions of the college. Data sources will include data from the major IT systems of the college as well as outside data sources on higher education.
Support of security initiatives include areas like monitoring information technology security controls that protect confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility of the organization's data in accordance with legal, regulatory, institutional requirements and creating compliance reports on security related matters.
The IT Data and Security Analyst serves on the Data Standards and Security Committee.
An IT Data and Security Analyst is responsible for:
- Defining requirements for reports and analytics needed by ITS or divisions of the college
- Outlining data requirements for building reports and analytics
- Extracting data from data sources to build reports and analytics
- Building reports and analytics
- Leveraging statistical and quantitative analysis to arrive at recommendations
- Understanding of databases, data mining, data warehousing, and data modeling
- Providing training in creating reports and analytics to ITS and end-users in college Divisions
- Assisting in the coordination and development of BCCC's information security policies, standards, and procedures
- Maintaining and analyzing all required audit logs for administrative systems
- Participating in security standards planning and documentation
- Assisting DLS and DoIT Information Technology State Auditors in security audits
- Participating as a key member of the Data Standards and Security Committee (identifies personally identifiable information, classes information into public, private and confidential)
- Providing user security training to College's employees on the best data security practices
- Performing other related duties as required
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related technical field
- One year of experience in database tools like MS Access or MS SQL, Oracle or similar database
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must submit to a criminal background check
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Ability to analyze and communicate complex technical language and specifications
- Experience in contract negotiations and vendor management and cloud application management
- Experience in enterprise resource planning systems and cloud computing environments
- Three or more years of experience in database tools like MS Access or MS SQL, Oracle or similar database tools
- Experience in data analytics / data visualization tools like Tableau or similar tools
- Security and privacy related certifications such as: CompTIA, ISC(2), SANS GIAC or similar
- Demonstrative knowledge of information security standards such as NIST, ISO/IEC 27000, FISMA, PCI
- Experience in a higher education environment
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.