Assistant/Associate Professor, Stamford
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor, Stamford
Job ID: 2018244
Location: Stamford Campus
The Finance Department in the School of Business at the University of Connecticut invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor to begin Fall 2018, subject to budgetary approval.
The University of Connecticut (UConn) is entering a transformational period of growth supported by the $1.7B Next Generation Connecticut (http://nextgenct.uconn.edu/) and the $1B Bioscience Connecticut (http://biosciencect.uchc.edu/) investments and a bold new Academic Plan: Path to Excellence (http://issuu.com/uconnprovost/docs/academic-plan-single-hi-optimized_1). As part of these initiatives, we are pleased to continue these investments by inviting applications for faculty positions in the Department of Finance.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to research & scholarship through high quality journals in financial economics, participate in prominent national and international academic conferences, and help guide research efforts in their areas of expertise. In addition to research, individuals will be expected to teach appropriate courses at the undergraduate, masters, and/or PhD levels, and participate in outreach and service activities. Successful candidates will share a deep commitment to effective instruction at the undergraduate and graduate levels, development of innovative courses and mentoring of students in research, outreach and professional development. Successful candidates will also be expected to broaden participation among members of under-represented groups; demonstrate through their research, teaching, and/or public engagement the richness of diversity in the learning experience; integrate multicultural experiences into instructional methods and research tools; contribute to the development of pedagogical techniques designed to meet the needs of diverse learning styles and intellectual interests.
- Earned Ph.D. in Finance or in a related field of study with specialization in the core areas of Finance (especially investment, financial risk management, derivatives, quantitative investment analysis, and international financial management) Candidates expecting to finish their PhD by Fall 2018 are encouraged to apply. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable.
- Applicants should demonstrate a potential to establish a successful research and scholarship record supported by copies of published/working papers and manuscripts with potential for publication in leading academic journals in Finance.
- Show promise of excellence in teaching supported by evidence of superior classroom performance at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Effective communication skills.
- A deep commitment to promoting diversity through their academic and research programs.
- Applicants at higher ranks should possess an excellent record of research, teaching performance, and involvement in undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral education, commensurate with the rank they are seeking.
- Candidates with publications, acceptances or papers at advanced stages of review in leading academic journals in Finance.
- Experience in teaching Finance courses with specialization in corporate finance, corporate restructuring, private and entrepreneurial capital, financial risk management, financial engineering, investment (especially fixed income), derivatives, quantitative investment analysis, and international financial management.
- Applicants at higher ranks should have a record of contribution through research, teaching, and/or public engagement to the diversity and excellence of the learning experience and evidence of service to the university, the field, or the profession through leadership in professional organizations, editorial activities, and successful involvement in undergraduate and/or graduate curriculum development.
This is a full-time, 9-month, tenure track position with an anticipated start date of August 23, 2018. Candidates may teach in the Undergraduate, Master's and Ph.D. Programs. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is for a primary academic appointment at the Stamford campus with the possibility of assignment at the Storrs campus or other UConn regional campuses.
Select "Apply" to submit the following: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching ability and a research paper suitable for presentation at a workshop. Please follow the instructions in Academic Jobs Online to direct three reference writers to submit letters of reference on your behalf. Screening of applicants will begin immediately, with full consideration given to applicants who apply by Friday, January 19, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search 3 2018244)
For more information regarding the Department of Finance please visit the department website at www.business.uconn.edu/finance. Inquiries other than applications can be directed to: Dr. Chinmoy Ghosh, Finance Department Head, University of Connecticut, School of Business, 2100 Hillside Road, Unit 1041, Storrs, CT 06269-1041 or via email to [email protected] (# 2018244).
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp .
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.