Financial Assistant 1 (UCP 1)
Job Title: Financial Assistant 1 (UCP 1)
Job ID: 2018261
Location: Storrs Campus
The University of Connecticut's Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) is seeking applicants for the part time (50%), annually renewable position of Financial Assistant 1. Under the general supervision of the Department Head, the successful candidate will keep a complete set of records of financial transactions for various units, along with providing faculty support in all aspects of grant administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages contracts for Clinical Engineering Internship program requiring correspondence with area hospitals and student interns to ensure proper set-up of Clinical Engineering internship accounts.
- Assist faculty Principal Investigators (PI) with grant post award activities including monitoring budgets and ensuring compliance with regulations and policies at the University, state and federal levels as well as the requirements of Sponsored Programs Services (SPS) and funding agencies; may perform or assist with cost transfers, re-budget requests, financial reports and audits, account closeout and grant compliance.
- Maintains and monitors financial records and accounts as assigned including processing of payroll transactions, purchasing, travel, P-card reconciliation and other disbursements; serves as a resource regarding fiscal matters and in resolving fiscal problems.
- Manages and monitors transactions and compliance related to UConn Foundation accounts.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Two years' experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft programs.
- Knowledge on electronic financial records and reporting applications such as Kuali or WebFocus.
This is a part-time (50%), annually-renewable position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent child tuition waiver at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary and will be commensurate with successful candidate's background and experience.
For full consideration, please upload a well-written letter outlining your qualifications for the position, resume, and a list of three professional references and their contact information via UConn Jobs, www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions. Screening will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2018261)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on February 20, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.