Computer Technical Support Consultant 2 (UCP 7)
Job Title: Computer Technical Support Consultant 2 (UCP 7) REPOST
Job ID: 2018133
Location: Storrs Campus
The University of Connecticut Information Technology Services is seeking a proactive individual with strong organizational, communications and technical skills to provide technical support for the Learning Management System at UConn.
The successful candidate must have a very well-rounded set of technical skills and experience which include application administration and new product/feature implementations. The candidate must work successfully with teammates and have the ability to work independently.
The University of Connecticut has been named the top public university in New England for over a decade and is ranked among the top public universities in the nation. The University of Connecticut is also a Carnegie Foundation Research University, a prestigious honor shared by only the nation's top higher education institutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide application administration support for Learning Management System
- Work with areas within UITS as well as academic units to ensure application requirements are met
- Troubleshoot user reported problems and create tickets with the vendor if needed
- Analyze system logs to investigate application malfunction or user reported problems
- Analyze and design solutions to meet the business requirements
- Author comprehensive testing plans for upgrades and customizations
- Produce detailed and accurate documentation related to assigned tasks
- Assist in all duties required for production maintenance and pre- and post- upgrade testing
- Perform various other duties, as required
- Be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and a problem-solver
- Work with the vendor support teams to establish, track, and manage support cases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or related discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience with relational database concepts and SQL programming
- Experience with developing shell scripts in Linux/Unix servers
- Experience with XML
- Experience developing written documentation and operating instructions
- Excellent written and communication skills and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- The ability to work with a diverse user community
- Experience with administration of an enterprise application system.
- Experience with administration of Blackboard Learn
- Demonstrated ability to manage large or complex projects to achieve timely, successful completion
- Experience with creating advanced reports
- Familiarity with log analysis tools, such as Splunk, Kibana, etc.
- Familiarity with learning analytics
- Knowledge of Perl or Python or similar programming languages
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent child tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience. For additional information regarding benefits visit: http://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-summaries/ . For additional information about the University visit: http://www.uconn.edu/ and for detailed position information and the job description visit: http://uitsjobs.uconn.edu .
Please apply online at www.jobs.uconn.edu , Staff Positions. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application and resume that demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications and any preferred qualifications you may have for this position, and a list of contact information, including phone numbers for three professional references.
Screening will begin immediately. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2018133)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on January 5, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp .
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.