Temporary Program Assistant - McNair
Temporary Program Assistant - McNair
Position Number: 53073958
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 03/15/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Temporary Program Assistant for the McNair Program. The Part Time Temporary Program Assistant will perform general administrative assistant tasks and duties. In addition, the Program Assistant will maintain progress reports for each scholar, maintain the programs web and social media presence, maintain contact information with alumni scholars, and update their records. The Program Assistant will maintain budgetary records. This position will work from May 7 th 2018 through August 20 th 2018. This position is Grant Funded.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Temporary Program Assistant will:
- Maintain budgetary records for the McNair Program
- Assist the Program Director and Academic Coordinator's general duties as needed
- Maintain progress reports for McNair scholars
- Maintain programs web and social media presence
- Maintain alumni records and contact information
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of data collection, budget management and expenditure tracking, reception and office management.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with low income, first generation and underrepresented minority students as well as other students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Training in computer applications (word processing, database management, spreadsheets, online survey tools) is preferred.
- Experience as an administrative assistant in an educational setting is preferred.
- Experience working with low income, first generation and underrepresented minority students is preferred.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.