Provide overall administrative management and coordination of various business related functions including finance, budget, personnel, space and facilities planning,grant administration, academic support, policy interpretation and dissemination at the highest level Administrator in the Division.Will work with up to four divisions, based on scope/size and other functional responsibilities. Position reports to the Chief Department Administrator of the Department of Pediatrics. We currently have multiple openings available for this position with the department.
Specific Responsibilities NOTE: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Serve as primary administrative liaison with faculty, administrative and professional personnel concerning University/PDC policies and procedures, personnel administration, clinic management, research administration, financial services and budgetary preparation, reconciliation and control.
- Supervise and coordinate work of designated employees, manage human resources activities to meet University, Departmental, and Divisional objectives, advise faculty on employment, salary administration, employee relations, and related issues as required.
- Oversee and manage the overall operations and financial performance of select divisions/programs appropriate and efficient utilization of resources to meet departmental/divisional goals and objectives across all three missions.
- Manage and create with department finance team academic and clinical annual PDC and Duke University budgets for respective areas, including annual completion of faculty effort distribution.
- Lead and coordinate new business development and clinical practice initiatives. Identify, develop and execute cost reductions and service improvements in all three missions. Develop and execute strategic plan for division, including goals,tactics/initiatives and key measures that align with departmental and institutional objectives.
Knowledge, skills and abilities: Proven innovation and initiative to anticipate,develop, and implement new procedures, practices,and processes adaptable to constantly changing work patters and business methods, to solve unusual and new concerns using means, which establish effective and efficient precedents.Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations, identify and analyze problems and develop options and recommendations for solution.Proven ability to develop, analyze and carry out project objectives and work well with others of a diverse nature in achieving organizational goals. Proven ability to research, gather, synthesize and organize information to produce concise reports using various resources. Strong leadership skills and ability to take responsibility for assigned areas and to gain the confidence of faculty, leadership, colleagues,etc.Excellent negotiation skills. Demonstrated counseling techniques withthe ability to act as a facilitator, exersize diplomacy, tact, professionalism, responsiveness, a high degree of flexibility, and solve concerns between individuals in a fair and equitable manner. Excellent interprersonal, as well as written and verbal communicationskills to interact with a variety of personalities at all levels, exercising tact, sound judgement, diplomacy, and flexibilityto promote positive working relationships and job effectiveness.Proven organizational, analytical and management skills. Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
Preferred qualifications: Strong leadership experience in academic medical center, specifically related to practicemanagement/operations with a proven track record of building successful physician relationships and effective communication with key stakeholders (internal and external to Duke).Certification such as PMP, Lean, FACMPE, or FACHE
1493 ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general business back ground generally equivalent to abachelor's degree in a business related field.
Work requires 4 years related business or administrative experience toacquire competence in applying general personnel practices, accountingand budgeting principles and coordination of major administrativefunctions.A master's degree in a business related field may be substituted for 2years experience.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OREXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.