Medicine - Cardiology
The Administrative Manager in the Division of Cardiology is responsible for assisting the Division Administrator and Division Chief in the effective administrative and operational management in all areas of the division's teaching, research and clinical missions.
This includes but is not limited to participating in the general administrative, human resources, and financial operations of the division. Under the direction of the Administrator, the Administrative Manager will assist in developing and implementing standard administrative processes and policies, exercise good judgement with regards to discretionary spending, assist with preparation of annual budget and space planning, as well be a liaison with faculty, staff, and students.
The Administrative Manager also has direct accountability to the Division Chief.
DUKE DIVISION OF CARDIOLOGY. The Division of Cardiology is the largest division within the Duke Department of Medicine. With well over 100 faculty and 40 trainees, the Division is also one of the largest and top-ranked cardiovascular medicine programs in the country.
The Division has a longstanding history of excellence in both basic and clinical research, education, and world class patient care, with clinical sites throughout central North Carolina.
The Division's leadership team operates collaboratively and embodies a culture of active support for faculty, staff, and learners across all missions to support the overarching vision to discover and deliver the best in cardiovascular care.
• Develop a keen understanding of the clinical, research, and teaching endeavors of the division.
• Assist with establishing task assignments and space to ensure conformance with division commitments
• Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the overall administrative direction of the division.
• Provide information to others (oral or written) to explain/clarify problems or issues or requests; meet with other professional/technical personnel to determine causes of a specific problem and develop recommended solutions.
• Ensure good accesses to information and transparency for faculty, staff, and students.
• Participate in periodic management meetings to keep division leadership informed of problems and concerns.
• Assist the Chief and Administrator in the effective project management for high level projects, including faculty/staff affairs, coordination of research operations, and clinical outreach relationships.
• Partner as needed with the financial management leadership of the division in the effective fiscal management for all division resources.
• Perform other related duties incidental to those described herein FACULTY AFFAIRS
• Lead the effective on boarding and off-boarding of new/departing faculty, including facilitation of clinical and research responsibilities, credentialing, promotions & tenure, and other HR functions, engaging the division's team of resources.
• Participate in the development of faculty initial offer and commitment letters.
• Maintain ongoing knowledge of faculty clinical and administrative assignments, including VA 8ths.
• Partner with division finance and research teams to maintain ongoing accurate faculty effort reporting, including total professional effort and cFTE.
• In coordination with the division finance analyst, manage documentation, communication, and execution of all faculty commitments.
• Oversee annual clinical service assignment and scheduling process
• Assists in fostering a culture of support and communication throughout the Division.
• Coordinate and/or facilitate various administrative and research staff functions including but not limited to hiring, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules across the Division.
• Assist Administrator with the completion of annual reviews for all assigned staff. Ensure that annual goals are set for each employee, which support personal and chief/chair goals as well as those of the institution.
• Together with the Administrator, continually evaluate resource needs/efforts and ensure equity, load balancing and advancement opportunities. Actively manage and address training and performance as needed.
1493 ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging.
Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard.
All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general business back ground generally equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a business related field.
Work requires 4 years related business or administrative experience to acquire competence in applying general personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of major administrative functions.A master's degree in a business related field may be substituted for 2years experience.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.