PROGRAM COORD - DEPT of ORTHOPAEDICS
PROGRAM COORD - DEPT of ORTHOPAEDICS
Join the team at the James R. Urbaniak, MD, Sports Sciences Institute and apply for a challenging opportunity as Program Coordinator supporting the Department Chief and the division.Duke's Sports Science Insititute has a 70-year history of being a national leader in the treatment of professional athletes, non-professional athletes, and recreational athletes. This position is located at the Center for Living Campus located at 3475 Erwin Road Durham, NC 27705.
- Assist the Division Chief, Sports Medicine in the timely management of all communications, both written and via telephone with a variety of constituents; compose letters and statements independently requiring interpretation and application of University policies, rules and regulations and monitoring follow up with all distributions that require answers, responses and written replies. Arrange for and schedule appointments, supervise preparation of materials for meetings, coordinate meetings and speaking engagements for the Division Chief, coordinate appointments,communicate at a high patient level with VIP's, senior level professionals, athletes, complete LOR,compose medico legal letters.
- Provide support to division chief and administrative manager in strategic planning for the growth of the division and collaboration on Center for Living campus. Includes expansion into Wake County, supporting community outreach efforts,and assisting in marketing initiatives to brand Duke Sports Medicine within and external to the enterprise.
- Coordinate local event planning (for audiences ranging from 5-100 people), including monthly Division meetings.Independently generate complex and detailed presentations and reports/minutes from these events.
- Manage student rotation program and division academic program,visiting residents and fellows program for the Division including permissions, organizing resident spreadsheet, manage and communicate timing of evaluations for resident skills and written examination, recording evaluations for skills and written examination each rotation. Review and vet inquiries from outside learners(undergraduates, medical students)and coordinate experience with faculty.
- . Supervise and coordinate the work of designated employees (up to 9), reviewing completed work for adherence to instructions or correctness. Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to,hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules, timecard approvals, coverage for Staff Assistants in this locations when absent.
- Administrative duties to include but not limited to: management of financial reimbursements for Division Chief,maintenance of Chief's CV, webex account maintenance and administration, coordination of visiting observers for shadowing activities, assist and advise department on administrative problems. Communicate patient concerns or calls,communicate with the Division Chief and the rest of my team : ie PA.CMA's, clinic staff re patient issues. Invite visiting professors schedule, book rooms, supply orders for the division.
- Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred. Ability to provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting standards and monitoring performance.
- Skills using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to problems.
- Skills evaluating program performance, summarizing findings,communicating results, and forming an action plan.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
2321 PROGRAM COORD
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration orinvolving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquireskills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of programactivities and events.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.