NURSE PRACTITIONER - BREAST ONCOLOGY
NURSE PRACTITIONER - BREAST ONCOLOGY
Medicine - Oncology
Your major responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• 6 sessions per week.
• Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist the physician in diagnosing, treating and managing patients in the DCI Breast Cancer Program.
• Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the data in the patient's electronic medical record; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive or negative findings.
• Order and schedule laboratory studies, imaging studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
• Assist in teaching students, residents and interns in complex techniques and procedures that are unique to this specific clinical setting.
• Functions independently to perform a complete history and physical exam.
• Formulates a treatment plan.
• Uses evidence-based practice guidelines and assessment tools.
• Prescribe medication and treatments.
• Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
• Completes documentation and patient billing per PDC policy.
• Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
• Facilitates patient and family education.
• Determines eligibility of patient for entry into clinical trials.
• Relays appropriate information regarding patient care to the collaborating physician.
• Provides symptom management.
• Provides on-call coverage as coordinated with physician and weekend call as assigned through the Breast Program Medical Oncology rotation.
• First call for practice with oncology centralized triage.
• Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
1129 NURSE PRACTITIONER
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program.State of North Carolina licensure is also required..
Strongly prefer at least one year of oncology related experience.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.