Basic Science Admin
Program Coordinator: Office of Biomedical Graduate Education
Highly organized professional will support and contribute to the administration of four interdisciplinary PhD Programs in the School of Medicine. Work closely with Administrative Coordinators of Cell & Molecular Biology, Computational Biology & Informatics, Developmental & Stem Cell Biology, and University Program in Genetics & Genomics to coordinate and implement multiple seminar series, plan events, and manage accounting, space reservations, and large-scale recruitment efforts. Fast-paced academic environment requires attention to detail, excellent time management, and ability to work independently, communicate clearly, and efficiently serve multiple groups simultaneously.
- Work in coordination with T32 grant administrators to coordinate multiple seminar series, arrange scientific speaker travel, itineraries, ground transportation, and lodging, create and distribute seminar announcements and organize invited speaker-student luncheons.
- Collect, prepare, and submit receipts to Corporate Card Administrator for all program spending, including the processing of student reimbursement and processing of AP check requests.
- Plan and execute events related to annual student recruitment, orientation, programmatic events, social events, seminars, student groups, retreats, and symposia.
- Work in space reservation system to reserve space for courses, colloquia, meetings, events, PhD defenses, preliminary exams, and student committee meetings.
- Serve an active role in communications, with a focus on website content editing, listserv maintenance, and programmatic announcements.
- Assume responsibilities for graduate course management to include management of on-line evaluation processes, creating and distributing class rosters and scheduling courses in Departmental Schedule Validator (DSV).
- Track professional outcomes of program alumni and prepare reports of interdisciplinary program achievement and highlights. Contribute to the development of program newsletters, and other projects as needed.
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required during certain times of year.
2321 PROGRAM COORD
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration or involving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquire skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities and events.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Background in management, operations, and/or policy useful and could lead to additional job growth opportunities.
Experience working in an academic setting, either undergraduate or graduate, is preferred.
Skills: PeopleSoft, Qualtrics, Sakai, Drupal, Duke@Work, Buy@Duke, AP Check Request, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.