ASSIST DIR, PROGRAMS
ASSIST DIR, PROGRAMS
MQM Online - Health Analytics
Assistant Director Master of Quantitative Management--Online Programs, The Fuqua School of Business
The Assistant Director of Master of Quantitative Management (MQM)--Online Programs is responsible for a broad range of activities that support operations of the online MQM program and student experiences throughout the program. The Assistant Director is expected to supervise all aspects of program delivery in support of teaching faculty and students, from the time of students' admission into the program through their graduation. This position requires outstanding organizational and project management skills, excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, sensitivity to counseling issues, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Because this is an online education program, the ability to work with a distributed student body, communicating with the students electronically, anticipating and proactively planning for their requirements, and making independent judgments in situations with ambiguous situations are important. Moreover, the Assistant Director needs a demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and communicate well with students, faculty, Fuqua administrators, Duke University offices, and outside vendors. This is a full time position reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Digital Education. The Fuqua School has launched an innovative online program in Health Analytics as the first online track of its MQM program. The Health Analytics program is a master's program primarily meant for working professionals, providing training in cutting-edge quantitative techniques, core business functions, and health sector industry knowledge. The program is meant to prepare students for the significant and fast growing big data and analytics needs in the healthcare space. Additional online tracks of the MQM program are expected to be launched in the future. The primary responsibilities of the Assistant Director relate to the online MQM program. However, if required, the position will also extend support to teams working on other programs.
Tactical Implementation - The Assistant Director is primarily responsible for program planning for the online MQM program. He/she is wholly responsible for the tactical implementation of the program as well as continuous improvement of program operations. Examples:
• Ensure a smooth transition between students' admission and matriculation.
• Manage interactions with the faculty, staff, and outside vendors to ensure all logistics are scheduled appropriately.
• Monitor the flow of information within the program.
• Maintain a physical presence when the students are in residence for the orientation.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with student leaders. Oversee elections of the student representative positions.
Management of Logistics -- Program operation and logistics activities include, but are not limited to, pre-program communications with the incoming students; design and delivery of the 3-day program orientation; registration for all classes during the program; management of daily operations of the program; communications with students via internet-enabled communication technologies; and scheduling, planning and implementation of special events (such as graduation and optional on-campus events). In each case, the Assistant Director designs and directs the event or activity, coordinating with internal and external constituents. Examples:
• Oversee the pre-enrollment communications that provide information and set expectations for incoming students. This requires coordination with admissions and preparing communications materials, etc.
• Work with admissions to oversee math assessment administration for admitted applicants.
• Design and manage special events including orientation, graduation, and other social events. Requires negotiation and frequent interactions with vendors, arrangements with faculty, materials preparation, frequent communication with students, and physical presence during events.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the program, including working with the faculty, outside vendors, and IT to get coursepacks and other materials ready and to make them available on the learning management system. Provide administrative support for students. Consult with faculty, directors and deans to assure all aspects of the student experience are coordinated and running smoothly.
• Work with Fuqua Registrar to ensure accurate and timely registration of students for courses.
• Work with University Bursar's office, Fuqua Registrar, and Fuqua Accounting office on billing issues. Follow-up as necessary with students who have unpaid bills. Assist in enforcement of school's policy regarding non-payment of tuition and fees.
Breakdown of Responsibilities
Oversight of daily operations and ongoing administrative support to students and the faculty 50%
Student outreach and management of special events (including orientation and graduation) 25%
Course registration, grade distribution, and billing 10%
Pre-enrollment and matriculation work 10%
Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree desired.
At least two years of experience working in a professional setting with experience in planning and executing initiatives is desired. Experience with online/distributed work environment in a business or higher education setting will be highly valued.
The successful candidate will be a person with a high level of maturity, confidence, and strong organizational skills. The ability to handle multiple priorities in an independent manner is a must. Strong computer skills required. Superior written and verbal communication skills are foundational in representing the Fuqua School to our constituencies. Likewise, outstanding attention to detail is a critical aspect of the required skill set, given Fuqua's commitment to delivering a world class, end-to-end experience for our students and constituencies.
2775 ASSIST DIR, PROGRAMS
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work generally requires two years experience in personnel, college oruniversity administration, or a related field to acquire skillsnecessary to provide program management, advising and generaladministrative support.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.