ASSIST DIR, PROGRAMS-HOUSING ASSIGNMENTS
ASSIST DIR, PROGRAMS-HOUSING ASSIGNMENTS
Scope of Responsibilities
Provide leadership and direction for all campus housing assignments, off campus housing program, records management, and related marketing and communications. Responsibilities include managing student housing assignment and off campus housing processes, maintaining the related databases, and communicating housing policies and procedures to members of the University community.
1. Communicate, implement and interpret policies and procedures, housing license agreements and other records required to deliver a dynamic housing model that meets university objectives; as needed, recommend changes in policies and procedures; manage the distribution, collection and processing of housing assignment information; lead the on-campus assignment processes for all undergraduate students; supervise graduate student and summer school housing processes. 40
2. Develop, publish, and communicate information that clearly articulates related policies, procedures regarding campus housing information, including but not limited to website information, printed, and the like; coordinate marketing and distribution of housing assignment and selection information to new and returning students; develop and implement plans for release and distribution of materials; conduct information sessions with students and staff at the beginning of critical processes (return from study abroad, room selection, and reassignments); participate in admission and student information events as necessary. 25
3. Perform housing assignment administrative functions including but not limited to the management of assignments database; coordinate the distribution of housing assignments, reports, and other information to campus offices; process cancellations, rate adjustments, space inspections, and residency requirement exceptions; collaborate with necessary IT offices for database upgrades and maintenance. 10
4. Establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with offices and programs in Student Affairs, across campus, and within the Durham community that will enhance the quality of the on campus experience; collegially support initiatives important to the success of other units that serve the campus residential and off campus populations. 10
5. Lead the recruitment, selection, training, and job performance appraisal of housing assignments staff specialists; create and/or provide training and related resources for HDRL staff and campus and community members. 10
6. Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet department, division and university goals and objectives. 5
Education: Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program. Master's Degree in Higher Education Administration or a related field is preferred
Experience: Work generally requires two years experience in personnel, college or university administration, or a related field to acquire skills necessary to provide program management, advising and general administrative support. Or and equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Job-Specific Skills and Competencies
• Strong and demonstrable commitment to quality customer service.
• Superior communication skills; with special emphases on abilities to respond positively to concerns expressed by customers and on preparing communications that accurately and effectively share information.
• Proven ability to positively and effectively diffuse contentious situations with customers who feel ill served by established policy, procedure and practice.
• Demonstrated abilities to work as a member of a team, and to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Excellent planning and organization skills, with proven abilityto manage concurrent projects and processes.
• Experience with data management systems, such as RMS/Mercury, StarRez, eRezLife, etc.
• Previous supervisory experience, preferred.
• Previous experience living on a college campus and/or managing campus housing assignments is strongly preferred.
2775 ASSIST DIR, PROGRAMS
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work generally requires two years experience in personnel, college oruniversity administration, or a related field to acquire skillsnecessary to provide program management, advising and generaladministrative support.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.