RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Duke Human Vaccine Institute - Admin
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II (Tomaras lab)
Duke Human Vaccine Institute is seeking a detail-oriented scientist to fulfill a key role as Research Technician II to prepare critical reagents and process specimens to support multiplexed binding antibody assays in an immune monitoring core lab. The reagents created by the person in this role are used for assays that provide data to inform human clinical and pre-clinical trials for HIV, malaria and typhoid.
- Perform assays and analysis for the Binding Antibody Laboratory to generate data for various vaccine protocols, including multiplex binding assays and biolayer inferometry binding measurements.
- Assist with assay development, optimization, and validation experiments for multiplex and biolayer inferometry platforms as needed.
- Assist with processing various biological specimen types for use in assays (ex. IgG depletion and elution, mucosal sample extraction).
- Assist the laboratory and project managers by contributing to the overall effort to streamline the workload, improve the efficiency of the immune-monitoring core, and contribute to the daily laboratory effort to adhere to GCLP guidelines. Maintain laboratory and associated equipment in a clean, well-ordered, and functional manner.
- Maintain laboratory notebook in an orderly fashion for tracking experiments and results. Provide written updates of work each week.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and requested.
Education, Skills, & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in biological science or related field
- Basic skills in laboratory techniques with technical precision
- Must be able to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities and have ability to quickly learn new skills
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized with strong communication skills and ability to work in an fast-paced interactive team environment.
951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherscience related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.