LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
Plan, coordinate, and administer laboratory and program activities for the Infectious Diseases Research Laboratory (IDRL). May supervise Duke Work Study students,Duke Master's student,and research assistants. The primary work space will be split between two adjacent but affiliated labs in the IDRL approximately 60/40.
- Plan, coordinate and administer activities of assigned programs and projects to include developing and implementing procedures, processes, services and systems; train employees and/or students in proper methods and procedures and ensure correctness of work (30%).
- Make operational and programmatic decisions that have a significant impact on the successful achievement of program strategies and objectives; develop, coordinate and advise staff regarding program policy (20%).
- Budget for, and coordinate, programs and research projects; develop and coordinate new ideas and concepts for program themes, materials and resources to supplement,expand or replace existing program components (10%).
- Maintain liaison with other programs, offices and departments at Duke to coordinate program business and to accomplish program objectives; interface with external organizations as appropriate to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized (10%).
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and grants; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure for budgeted funds as appropriate (10%).
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness using qualitative and quantitative research techniques; investigate trends, and recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness (5%).
- Coordinate public relations activities to include conceptualizing and writing newsletters,promotional materials, publications, press releases, ads and fliers.Develop plans and schedules for release of publicity materials (5%).
- Assist with grant preparations, other reports, and manuscript writing(5%).
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein(5%).
1888 LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherdirectly related scientific field.
Work requires two years of research experience. A related master'sdegree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g., atwo year master's degree in lieu of two years of experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.