Graduate Enrollment Counselor
Job Description Summary
The Graduate Enrollment Counselor is responsible for creating a supportive environment that promotes student satisfaction and retention through the development of ongoing support relationships with new and enrolled students.
***In addition to uploading resume, the following documents are required for consideration.***
2.Letter of Recommendation 1
3.Letter of Recommendation 2
- Counsel prospective applicants via phone, email, and face to face appointments on the admission process and various opportunities at the university.
- The Graduate Enrollment Counselor is responsible for creating a supportive environment that promotes student satisfaction and retention through the development of ongoing relationships with new and enrolled students.
- Assist students with questions regarding degree requirements, programs, policies and procedures, financial assistance programs, transfer credit assessment, pre-registration, and general university services.
- Make appropriate referrals to campus officials as necessary throughout the educational experience.
- Act as the principle point of contact for the student in Saint Leo organization after matriculation, and as such, is responsible for addressing student issues and referring students to appropriate academic advisors as needed.
- Manage complaints as they arise, serve as a student liaison with other functional areas of the organization, and suggest changes to university practices that may contribute to increased student satisfaction and retention.
- Some weekend and evenings required.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Knowledge of higher education and understanding of goals of adult learners.
- Strong oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills are central to success in this role.
- Complete mastery of Datatel student records system will be required.
- General proficiency in common personal productivity and network applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet and Email.
- Detail oriented so as to complete work assignments accurately and on time.
- Ability to manage time effectively, handle multiple projects, prioritize work, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to demonstrate maturity in discussions of graduate students' academic and career objectives.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.