College Relations and Communications - DIGITAL PRODUCT DESIGNER
Vacancy ID S2215 Job Title DIGITAL PRODUCT DESIGNER Department College Relations and Communications School/Parent Organization College Relations and Advancement Parent Org Division College Relations and Advancement Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 01/15/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year standard- full year Normal Start Time 8:30 am Normal End Time 5:00pm Position/Job Summary
The Digital Product Designer plays an integral role developing and maintaining the college's website. Assist with designing new features and evolving the site to remain impressive, user-friendly, and in-line with the latest technology standards.
1. Work in conjunction with the Senior Digital User Interface Designer and the Executive Director in supporting a user-centric product design process; work closely with a multi-disciplinary team.
2. Understand business requirements, the needs of our customers, and the context in which these two come together through insightful design strategies.
3. Collaborate with product owners, developers, and other cross-functional team members to design best-in-class, unified user interaction experiences and information architecture.
4. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
5. Create concepts using professional design tools, working rapidly and iteratively through ideation alongside a collaborative and cross-functional team.
6. Support the development team in implementing the visual design and user interactions for websites and web applications.
7. Create consistent UI patterns, interactions, and detailed documentation.
• The ability to clearly communicate, prototype and document design decisions.
• Experience with agile Scrum workflows
• Familiarity with Git workflow
• An excellent sense of typography, layout, and general design principles.
• A self-starter attitude; an ambitious person that seeks new challenges
• Strong organizational skills
• Meticulous, but able to iterate quickly.
• Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
• Humility, thoughtfulness and a fine sense of humor.
• Support in revising and finalizing existing wireframes in preparation for visual design
Candidates must have an online portfolio that showcases examples of polished prototypes, web application design, and strong visual design sensibilities and best practices, including its core principles of visual design-grid, hierarchy, typography, color, etc.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume, cover letter, and a link to an online portfolio. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $60,000 - $63,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).