Information Technology - DIRECTOR FOR ENGAGEMENT AND CLIENT TECHNOLOGIES
Vacancy ID S2221 Job Title DIRECTOR FOR ENGAGEMENT AND CLIENT TECHNOLOGIES Department Information Technology School/Parent Organization Finance and Administration Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 02/26/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
Lead and champion the department of Information Technology's (IT) client service and engagement efforts to provide outstanding outreach, service and support to the college community for productivity software, client and AV technologies, process improvement, IT project management and related services. Direct first and second level IT client services for college supported software, client hardware, and AV systems for faculty, staff and students.
1. Work in collaboration with the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer and department directors to develop strategies, oversee budgets, implement policies, conduct needs assessments, and plan for development of information technology resources supporting client support, engagement, project management, business process improvement, and client and AV technology support.
2. Provide leadership and direct the planning, management and operation of the units charged with developing, managing, and supporting the department's engagement and client technology services to include service desk, client device deployment and management, client hardware and software support, AV support, training, IT governance, IT project management, service catalog and related areas.
3. Implement and oversee effective communication, outreach, and governance activities with the college to keep the campus and individual clients informed about IT services, and ensure IT efforts are in alignment with college strategies and priorities.
4. Oversee the department's ITSM tools, service request flows, problem solving, and escalations to ensure the quantity and quality of support services delivered to the campus are at acceptable levels. Maintain key performance metrics and dashboards to track performance.
5. Provide leadership and champion efforts to increase institutional effectiveness and efficiency through the establishment, oversight and delivery of client software tools and services to increase business productivity and automation.
6. Partner with the director of teaching and learning with technology to lead the college's annual Educational Technology Day regional conference, to jointly oversee the IT client support solutions team, and to ensure that resources of both units are cooperatively utilized to provide effective and efficient support services to all of our clients.
7. Oversee the department's budgets, and the college's technology renewal program.
8. Direct various personnel actions to include, but not limited to, hiring, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers, vacation schedules and dismissals.
9. Supervise the training of new employees. Monitor the performance of all staff members to ensure accuracy, completeness, productivity and compliance with established guidelines.
10. Develop, demonstrate, and promote multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion as a college priority, communicate to employees an expectation of behavior that is civil and inclusive when interacting with all staff, faculty, students and visitors and promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment.
11. Participate in relevant College governance, policy, and planning committees and meetings.
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant work experience supporting technology in a complex enterprise environment, with at least 5 years in a manager or equivalent role
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in information technology client (end-user) support and customer service
• Excellent demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience with developing, coordinating and executing communication, engagement and outreach efforts to various constituent groups
• Ability to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment; ability to treat all people equitably and with a sensitivity and awareness to cultural difference; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for behavior that is supportive of a community that is diverse and inclusive.
• Demonstrated ability to present and explain complex technical topics and concepts to different audiences, and develop appropriate support materials.
• Successful experience working, collaborating, and establishing credibility and relationships with senior leadership, colleagues, and clients
• Significant supervisory and administrative experience with increasing responsibility, including preparation and management of budgets, strategic planning, and organization leadership.
• Experience in supervising, coaching, and mentoring information technology professionals.
• Demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for behavior that is supportive of a community that is diverse and inclusive.
• In depth experience with, and understanding of, an IT service organization, including an IT service desk and related support functions.
• Significant experience with various areas of IT services including endpoint computing, project management, AV support, business productivity tool support, business process analysis, and/or related services.
• Knowledge of information technology service management, preferably ITIL
• Advanced degree
• Experience supporting IT at a higher education institution
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $105,000 to $115,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).