Applications and Infrastructure - ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS ARCHITECTURE
Vacancy ID S2247 Job Title ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS ARCHITECTURE Department Applications and Infrastructure School/Parent Organization Information Technology Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 04/30/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
The Associate Director of Enterprise Applications Architecture will lead the development, support, integration and information architecture for the college's key enterprise applications. The core responsibilities encompass the management of staff that administer, operate, and monitor technologies on-premise and in the cloud, that include the Student Information System, ERP (finance, HCM), CRM, and Advancement. Responsible for building and managing vendor relationships to ensure systems are robust and stable. Manages and mentors a dedicated team to ensure optimal operation of the college's applications.
1. Provide leadership in the management and delivery of enterprise systems and cultivate a customer service driven culture within a dynamic team environment. Provide day-to-day oversight and management to the enterprise applications group; ensuring a high degree of responsiveness and excellence in performance and execution.
2. Manage and deliver complex ERP engagements to identify design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for clients across areas of the college. Work in collaboration with IT leadership in determining technology needs and priorities.
3. Provide a framework and a set of standards to enable procurement, development, and deployment of IT services that maximize interoperation, minimize duplication, and simplifies the IT environment.
4. Review project plans and operational activities, assign projects and initiatives and ensure appropriate execution and delivery of services. Ensure adherence to established timelines and project plans; communicate, review and resolve issues and concerns from customers and team members.
5. Consult with ERP users, making sure systems are optimal and in line with business requirements.
6. Ensure opportunity for training and development of team members and provide technical guidance to enterprise applications group.
7. Participate in the development of enterprise application budget(s); manage and monitor expenditures, provide quotes and pricing for large scale initiatives.
8. Protect our brand and reputation by safeguarding our assets, and maintaining compliance with all governing policies; assure all relevant internal financial, data privacy and security policies are met.
9. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum five years direct experience in an IT environment or the equivalent combination of education and experience; demonstrated strong technical and analytical skills, extensive experience with architectural best practices and goals, with the proven ability to lead an environment driven by customer service and team work; demonstrated ability to manage and to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment; ability to treat all people equitably and with a sensitivity and awareness to cultural difference; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for behavior that is supportive of a community that is diverse and inclusive; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to identify and set goals in a solution-focused results driven environment and demonstrated ability to achieve results in a collaborative manner and to interface with all levels of the organization; ability to participate in development of resource plans and structures and influence organizational priorities are required.
Experience with agile project management, Ellucian (Banner) and Oracle (eBusiness Suite, Oracle Cloud) technologies and architecting enterprise-scale systems based on TOGAF or SOA frameworks are strongly preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $88,000 to $94,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).