Individual Giving - MAJOR GIVING OFFICER
Vacancy ID S2201 Job Title MAJOR GIVING OFFICER Department Individual Giving School/Parent Organization College Relations and Advancement Parent Org Division College Relations and Advancement Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
Ithaca College seeks two Major Gift Officers, front-line fundraising professionals responsible for the management of a portfolio of prospects comprising alumni, parents, and friends with the giving potential of $100,000 or more. Prospect management includes qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospects and donors. Prospect relationships are developed around donor interests and college priorities. The Major Gift Officers travel extensively to develop and strengthen prospect relationships. The Major Gift Officers develop written annual work plans, visit and solicitation goals in conjunction with the Assistant Vice President, and prepare reports on activities.
The Major Gift Officers are responsible for ensuring the integrity of information in the college's Advance database relevant to assigned prospects, including visit reports, stages, strategies, and tasks. The Major Gift Officers participate in a broad range of events on and off campus having a strategic impact on the success of the major gifts program and individual prospect relationships. The Major Gift Officers work collaboratively with other staff in Institutional Advancement, college faculty, and staff.
• manage a portfolio of major gift prospects with giving capacity of $100,000 or more including identifying and qualifying prospects;
• cultivate, solicit, and steward prospects and donors;
• in conjunction with the Director of Major Gifts, establish prospect management goals for visits and solicitations;
• travel regularly to develop and strengthen prospect relationships;
• develop strategy, prepare proposals and materials including written documentation for accurate gift recording and use, acknowledgements, and reporting;
• develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse, and respectful college community;
• demonstrate civil and Inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students, and visitors to the college;
• promote a flexible, collaborative, and inclusive work and giving environment;
• engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion;
• work with college partners, including the Institutional Advancement team, academic leaders, faculty, and senior executives to develop meaningful engagement opportunities for major gift prospects;
• engage with trustees and other college leaders to strengthen prospect Involvement in the life of the college;
• maintain active management strategies for all prospects and ensure thorough and accurate recording of reports on all visits and other prospect activity;
• participate in a wide range of events on- and off-campus and effectively engage prospects with events in strategic ways, including Alumni Weekend, campus visits, commencement, dedications, recognition events, regional programs, and more;
• assist in the recruitment, training, and management of volunteers for the major gifts program; and
• work with volunteers on special initiatives.
A full description can be found here: https://opportunities.aspenleadershipgroup.com/opportunities/282
The successful candidates for the position of Major Gift Officer should have
• a strong commitment to higher education and specifically to Ithaca College's mission:
• demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships including gift solicitation;
• experience working with volunteers and a proven track record of collaboration in a team environment;
• superior communication skills;
• the ability to speak credibly about higher education and Ithaca College's mission and vision;
• exceptional Interpersonal skills, the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment;
• ability to develop relationships with high net worth individuals in a broad range of professions;
• ability to travel extensively and attend college functions during and after normal business hours;
• deep personal integrity and strong work ethic; and
• understanding of major gifts fund raising and campaign fundraising.
A Bachelor's degree is required for this position as is 4 years of extensive experience in educational fundraising or a related field/equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume. Confidential Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the successful candidate has been selected.
Please send materials to: michaelvann[email protected]
The Aspen Leadership Group team member assisting Ithaca College with this search is Michael Vann
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).