Benefits Enrollment Professional
Employee Services provides the University of Colorado community with services from recruitment to retirement. The department provides functional and technical expertise in the areas of benefits, financial education, human resources, internal tax, learning and development, payroll, retirement and technologies. Employee Services strives to create a workforce that is stronger, healthier and more secure.
The Benefits Enrollment Management team held within Employee Services is looking for a temporary professional to assist with annual open enrollment as well as administrative responsibilities. Position is responsible for accurately entering, verifying, and correcting a variety of data in the University's Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and Enrollment Management Access Database as it relates to University of Colorado payroll and benefit programs. Position will be required to resolve problems regarding benefits enrollment data and is responsible for ensuring that employees, retirees, surviving spouses and students are enrolled properly in their benefit plans and that they are charged appropriate deductions for their enrollment. This position reports to the Benefits Administration Functional Analyst, and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Inputting enrollment information into the University's HRIS.
- Ensuring that customers are enrolled accurately per their eligibility.
- Review enrollment documentation completed and submitted by the employee for accuracy and contact the employee for correction when applicable.
- Record and verify quality of data entry via established reports/queries.
- Position will be required to resolve problems regarding the data pulled from the University's HRIS system.
- Respond to employee inquiries using Cherwell, email, and telephone.
- Review documents that are located within the internal system Onbase document warehouse.
- Provides limited administrative assistance as is applicable to enrollment of benefits, for example:
- Copying forms
- Folding and mailing benefit documents.
- Calling vendors for necessary follow-up information
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of Administrative duties and how to best perform the tasks necessary.
- Ability to self-motivate and accomplish tasks with minimal oversight.
- Ability to use creativity to problem-solve and diagnose issues with a willingness to figure out solutions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, must be adept at managing multiple competing projects/priorities, and must perform well as a collaborative member in a tightly knit team.
- Excellent written and oral communications and organization skills.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $18.50- $19.00 per hour.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent experience (experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year for year basis).
- Previous experience working within Administrative Assistant capacity.
- Previous experience with an HRIS system.
- Previous working experience administering employee benefits.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by February 20, 2018. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next to each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 51000 - Employee Services
Posting Date: Feb 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jackie Hess
Posting Contact Email: Jackie.Hess@cu.edu
Position Number: 00720790