University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Executive Director for Transfer Initiative
Position #743480 - Requisition 12573
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Student Affairs has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Executive Director for Transfer Initiatives position.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public urban research university serving more than 15,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to bioengineering, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family are officer or senior leaders of the University at its highest levels. Functions include overall management and strategic direction of stand-alone departments, divisions, institutes, with accountability for fiscal and human resources.
Executive Directors are directly responsible to an officer and oversee multiple Directors. Executive Directors are 1) responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of stand-alone institutes, centers or affiliates which have independent advisory boards and sources of funding but remain entities of the University, or 2) responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of a major academic support, administrative or student services department which provides University system-wide or campus-wide services.
Position Emphasis - Nature of Work:
CU Denver is positioning itself to be the transfer student destination of choice for Colorado. Each fall, one-half of our new students are transfers from area community colleges and 4-year institutions. Student success, and in particular transfer student success, is one of our strategic priorities as a university. CU Denver is committed to providing a seamless, coordinated and simplified transfer experience and has created this position to meet that commitment. The Executive Director would be a highly responsible leadership professional who will oversee, craft and adapt strategies, initiatives and relationships to create the ideal transfer student experience at CU Denver. Reporting directly to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, the primary responsibility of the Executive Director for Transfer Initiatives is to lead university efforts to recruit, retain, and graduate transfer students. In addition, the Executive Director will be charged with the creation of a robust transfer center that provides resources to and supports the success of transfer students. This position will work collaboratively across units, schools and colleges, and transferring institutions to support transfer student success.
The position responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and supporting existing transfer and guided pathways agreements and working with CU Denver faculty/staff and community colleges in the metropolitan area and across the Rocky Mountain region to create new relationships and pathways to CU Denver;
- Overseeing and administering all aspects of existing articulation agreements and developing enhancements;
- Streamlining communications to prospective and current transfer students;
- Facilitating campus-wide discussions with deans, faculty, advisors, and students to simplify transfer processes and identify ways to better support transfer students, including how to better apply transfer credits directly to degree requirements.
- Creating or modifying business processes to minimize delays in transfer credit reviews;
- Establishing specific program priorities and related initiatives with deans and leadership and develop timelines, roles and accountabilities across our respective teams in support of these priorities;
- Creating easy-to-navigate content for a streamlined web presence for transfer students and advisors;
- Improving retention and student success for transfer students with specialized programming such as transfer orientation; and,
- Improving student satisfaction and the overall experience while transferring to CU Denver.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $89,213-$95,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A master's degree in education, business, public administration, higher education, public affairs, or related field from an accredited institution;
- Extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience, including direct responsibility for development and delivery of successful programming for transfer students; and,
- A proven track record of successfully executing strategy and initiatives within a higher education setting.
- Experience in a community college setting;
- Experience as a faculty member, advising students preparing to transfer;
- Experience successfully collaborating with department, school and/or campus leadership with competing priorities; and,
- Experience managing people, programs and operations within a higher education setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution and with partner institutions.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities for program growth.
- Ability to understand metrics and multiple means for measuring success.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by March 1, 2018. Those who do not apply by March 1, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications, 2. A current CV/resume, 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references). Questions should be directed to: [Bonnie Hixson, Bonnie.Hixson@ucdenver.edu]
Job Category: Executive
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30040 - AVCASA-SA Student Affairs
Posting Date: Feb 8, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Bonnie Hixson
Posting Contact Email: Bonnie.Hixson@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00743480