Program Assistant I - Leadership
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Medicine - Division of Medical Oncology
Program Assistant I
Position # 00742403 - Requisition 12635
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Program Assistant I position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Nature of Work
The Program Assistant is responsible for coordinating key administrative duties that impact the entire Division of Medical Oncology including but not limited to coordinating annual faculty evaluations (using PRISM), UCH OPPE, FPPE, AMC EMS room scheduling, supply orders, Divisional Meeting and events. The Program Assistant also is the prime contact for the Division of Medical Oncology, serving as the assistant to Division Head and Deputy Division Head. There will be no supervision exercised in this role.
Examples of Work Performed
Coordination and oversight of PRISM annual faculty evaluations for the Division to ensure reviews and paperwork are done on time.
Coordination of annual OPPE, FPPE projects required by UCH for all clinical providers.
Coordinates supply orders for Division, AMC EMS room scheduling for Division of Medical Oncology.
Coordinating Divisional Meetings such as clinical affairs, steering committee, faculty meetings, etc and attending to take minutes of meetings.
Provides front line support and customer service to all faculty, staff, students and visitors including answering phone calls, e-mails, assisting walk in visitors, often providing coverage at front desk.
Serves as the primary contact for Division by assisting the Division Head and Deputy Division Head by managing their, assisting with administrative tasks to reduce their administrative workload as they determine. Duties may include and are not limited to:
- Managing their individual calendars, emails, and schedules
- Travel arrangements, expense reimbursements
- PowerPoint slide preparation
- Re-credentialling for CU Medicine and UCH
Obtains a university procurement card/travel card to assist with division procurement needs.
Serves as contact for communication information for Division of Medical Oncology, for both internal and external communication needs.
- Listserves for Division
- Listserves for Division Head and Deputy Division Head
- Sending out Divisional emails and communications from Leadership Team
- Updating clinical faculty schedules
- Divisional directory
Other duties as assigned by Administrator, Division Head or Deputy Division Head
This is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience but is expected to be $46,260 annually. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Four years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Associate's degree or higher from an accredited institution in business, education, healthcare administration, or public health administration
- Four (4) years providing front desk administrative support to high level executives working with faculty (clinical physicians), staff, and students within a higher education academic campus environment and/or working in a healthcare, or health sciences related field, oncology administrative experience preferred.
- Experience creating detailed expense reports to reconcile charges on procurement cards and submitting reimbursement requests.
- Experience with HR/Finance systems (e.g., COGNOS, HCM, and PeopleSoft, Concur Travel & Expense).
- Working Knowledge in current and evolving technology utilized by the program (i.e. Doodle and Zoom for meeting management, Adobe Acrobat Pro for documents. Optional: Working knowledge of clinical/medical terminology.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding customer service, oral and written skills. Must possess a professional and calm demeanor and have experience that demonstrates problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Resourceful member of administrative team coordinating with A-team colleagues. Ability to prioritize tasks and make decisions under pressure. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of individuals and groups within the university and externally. Ability to effectively explain processes and procedures. Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to take direction and use independent judgment to coordinate various projects and meet multiple deadlines. Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills combined with the ability to prioritize projects. Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion with information. Responsible for protection of highly confidential and sensitive information including HIPAA protected information.
- Excellent time management, daily electronic mail organizational skills, and ability to manage and implement multiple projects along with ability to move from one task/duty to another without errors despite frequent interruptions. Ability to produce accurate and timely work products and ensuring accountability.
- Event planning experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and scheduling software. Excellent internet research skills and attention to detail. Ability to manage budgets and develop financial reports.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Everlyn Sandoval at Everlyn.Sandoval@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20214 - SOM-MED-Oncology
Posting Date: Feb 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Everlyn Sandoval
Posting Contact Email: Everlyn.Sandoval@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00742403