Client Care Aide II
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS) OTC
Client Care Aide II
Position #217918 / Posting #12571
This class series uses two levels in the Health Care Services Occupational Group and describes attending to the physical comfort, personal appearance and safety of patients. The work includes assisting clients with personal hygiene; escorting, transporting, or accompanying clients; answering call lights and attending to routine health needs; assisting with routine nursing care; providing general health information; and observing and reporting client behavior. Positions work under the direction of nursing or medical staff.
Peer I is a substance abuse treatment program for adult men with chronic histories of substance abuse/dependence; many serving some form of a legal sentence with the state of Colorado. The operations department is responsible for the monitoring of clients within the facility as well as while they are in the community for public safety issues. This full-time, University Staff, (unclassified) Client Care Aide position will observe, monitor, and intervene in and recording of client activity; audit a plethora of standards from the Division or Criminal Justice, Signal Behavior Health, and Office of Behavioral Health.
Examples of work performed:
- Conduct random head counts to document client whereabouts
- Observe and monitor client behaviors and initiate prescribed interventions when needed
- Observe and document same sex urinalysis.
- Monitor breathalyzer samples, document completion of the service, and report any concerning behavior
- Complete same sex pat searches
- Monitor and document client ingestion of antabuse, naltrexone and other medications as needed
- Audit all client medications for count accuracy and compliance with medication directions
- Orders medication refills when needed
- Authorize client to leave the facility for work, pass, and job search activities
- Verify clients off-site where abouts
- Report escape information to state agencies
- Maintain client's treatment records via filing and auditing
- Conduct monthly Fire Drills
- Conduct monthly facility inspections
- Attend mandatory Monthly staff meetings
- Attend training to fulfill annual DCJ requirements
- Maintain confidentiality of clientele, personal health information
- Provide customer service to clientele and outside agencies
- Data entry utilizing Access and CareLogic systems.
- Property inventory of client property and screening for contraband
- Scanning, faxing and emailing information to outside agencies
- Dispensing of client personal monies
- Drive clients to meetings, recreational activities, appointments, etc.
- Miscellaneous duties that would be needed for any kind of project that supports the mission of the program
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $25,656 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. To ensure ARTS program integrity, prospective employees may be required to submit to pre-employment urine testing.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Must possess a GED or High School Diploma. (Please attach a copy of your transcripts, diploma, or certificate)
- One year of experience appropriate to the work assignment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado Driver's License
- Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
- Must be able to use Microsoft software e.g.: Word, Excel, Access
- In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), ARTS cannot employ individuals (who may have contact with residents) who have (1) engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility, or other Institution (as defined in 42 U.S. C. § 1997); (2) been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or (3) been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in (1-3) of this section. Material omissions regarding such misconduct, or the provision of materially false information, shall be grounds for termination.
- Experience working with offender population
- Experience documenting behaviors according to established policies and procedures
- Experience observing, monitoring and documenting urinalysis/breathalyzer testing
- Experience in observing, monitoring and documenting medication usage
- Experience in head counts/bed check
- Experience filing and auditing clinical charts
- Experience writing incident reports
- Experience and knowledge of Federal Confidentiality laws concerning Drug and Alcohol treatment and HIPAA
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn software programs
- Experience using an Electronic Health Record
- Ability to elevate decision making to higher level based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, and fact check information that needs to be conveyed to outside constituencies, in the matters of their clients we treat, in a complete and professional manner.
- Ability to be nonjudgmental and respectful of others beliefs, values, and culture.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. 4) Additional Attachements (transcripts, diploma, or certificate) Questions should be directed to Ken Gaipa at Ken.Gaipa@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: Feb 6, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ken Gaipa
Posting Contact Email: Ken.Gaipa@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00217918