Training Specialist, Truck Driving Academy
Department: Truck Driving Academy
Location: Transportation Center
Reports To: Program Manager
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req49
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: PT116-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Hours will depend on program needs
Facilitates training for students of the College's Truck Driving Academy, including leadership and control of classroom, lab and practical activities.
- Teaches students skills and knowledge necessary to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class “A” including all endorsements.
- Monitors attendance and maintains student records.
- Assists in program compliance with State requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Basic computer proficiency
- Three years verifiable CDL Class “A” driver's license with driving experience in all weather conditions.
- Must have Ohio Class “A” CDL license.
- Clean driving record, no more than 2 points and/or 1 moving violations in the previous three years.
- No OVI, DUI or Reckless Operation convictions ever.
- Must meet College insurance requirements.
- Must pass DOT physical and drug screening examination.
- No criminal convictions in the last 10 years.
- Must pass Ohio Department of Public Safety background check.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to function as a self-motivated team player, capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stand and walk a large portion of the day.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with individuals from diverse and multiethnic
backgrounds and sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ohio Department of Public Safety CDL instructor's license.
- Smith System Driver Safety Training.
- Completion of the National Safety Council Defensive Driver's Training for
Special Note:(The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is performed in a mixed environment, partially outdoors, and indoors as weather conditions dictates;
- Work could be partially performed in extreme cold temperatures typically below 32 degrees for more than an hour;
- Work could be partially performed in extreme hot temperatures typically above 100 degrees for more than an hour;
- Work is partially performed in an environment with sufficient noise that may cause an employee to shout in order to be heard above the noise level;
- Work is partially performed in an environment exposing employees to oscillating movements of extremities or whole body;
- Work is partially performed in an environment exposing employees to hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, or exposure to chemicals;
- Work is partially performed in an environment where there is air or skin exposure to oils or other cutting fluids;
Work is partially performed in an environment with conditions that affect therespiratory system, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.