*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Surgery
Education Coordinator (Academic Services Professional)
Position #724161 - Requisition 12373
The Department of Surgery has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Education Coordinator (Academic Services Professional) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Department of Surgery is seeking a full time (1.00 FTE) Education Coordinator. The purpose of this full-time, University Staff (unclassified) position is to manage the data collection, reporting and compliance of residency duty hours and other key information for the Department of Surgery's Residency Program. This position also supports educational activities for the Residency Program in the School of Medicine by ensuring that critical information is entered into a variety of databases and is obtained from residents who are not compliant in submitting this key data. This position is also responsible for general advising and communicating with residents about the submission of duty hours, onboarding information, training modules, paperwork for residency rotations, and leave requests. This position will prepare calendars, reports and track progress in order to maintain resident compliance with programmatic, institutional, rotation site, hospital, state, and regulatory policies and procedures.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Initiate new reporting methods utilizing MedHub software, communicates professionally with individual residents, proactively communicates regarding duty hours reporting to residents, faculty , staff and program leadership, and ensures compliance with duty hours guidelines from ACGME.
- Act as one of Department's residency management software super-users and is a super-user of all residency program databases.
- Assist with use of technology to train residents using simulation. Serves as liaison to technical representatives for repair and maintenance of simulation technology.
- Manage the training calendar for duty hours and enter data into residency management software, including scheduling individual training appointments as requested, scheduling group training sessions and scheduling training times with individual residents. Handles the same duties for case log entry for individual residents as needed.
- Enter data into various databases and validates data entered by staff/Program Coordinators/resident self-reporting.
- Enters Contact Info, Resident Photos, Medical School Histories and Residency Training Histories, Licensure Info, NPI Numbers, Usernames, and E-mail addresses.
- Enters and audits resident demographics data for accuracy and auditing competency modules for program compliance.
- Troubleshoot software functionality inquiries and communicating solutions in compliance with ACGME accreditation (where applicable).
- Generate a high volume of comprehensive global reports from residency management software (MedHub), ACGME WebAds, ACGME Case Logs, ERAS, tracking spreadsheets, and other residency program software.
- Perform data entry for resident onboarding, residency program compliance monitoring and routine completion tracking as it pertains to residency management software (MedHub) and documents on the GME onboarding website, WebAds, the Board, the NRMP, and ERAS as well as all other residency databases.
- Provides coverage for residency staff as needed in residency office, at department activities, including conferences and residency functions for orientation, training, operations, and recruitment.
- Manage and maintain documentation and portfolios for Surgery Residents.
- Work with on- and off-campus entities to provide information on accreditation requirements, duty hours compliance and resident information.
- Create, and analyze spreadsheets for summarizing and informing best practices and decisions.
- Clarify, direct and counsel various program and residency issues to create a positive working environment surrounding duty hours and the work environment.
- Address program, alumni and applicant issues to ensure compliance with many policies and procedures through various entities and institutions.
- Respond to resident and prospective resident inquiries within 48 hours; maintains positive, responsive, customer service environment in the residency office.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Business, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting, HR, Communications, Marketing or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience in working with students, faculty and other campus departments.
- Experience working with large amounts of complex data in databases and spreadsheets.
Substitution: Related work experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience working with MedHub, ACGM E WebAds, ACGME Case Logs, Excel, and Word.
- Experience with data entry, data reconciliation, and correcting reports independently.
- Experience independently managing a program or project.
- Experience in communicating critical information to all levels of an organization.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask and plan.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal diplomatically with challenging personalities (on and off campus).
- Open and comfortable completing small and/or large tasks as assigned and needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, data entry, and comfort with technology overall.
- Understanding and familiarity with residency education systems (ACGME WebAds, Case log system, MedHub) and university systems (Concur).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Problem solve and work with a wide range of individuals across the school.
- Ability to multi-task effectively to prioritize high volume of phone calls, inquiries and emails and still meet ongoing deadlines.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Claire Travis at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20306 - SOM-SRG-CH General Operations
Posting Date: Jan 18, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Claire Travis
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00724161