Training Specialist, Aspire
Location: Manufacturing Technology Center
Reports To: Director, Aspire
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req43
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: PT110-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Hours will depend on program needs
- Teach basic skills reading, mathematics, study skills, and test taking strategy
or ESOL instruction in reading, writing, listening and speaking, in
accordance with ABLE benchmarks for mastery of subjects.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and control of classroom activities.
- Develop and implement an effective curriculum to enhance the learning
options of program participants.
- Monitor attendance, maintain records, score and evaluate educational
performance of participants.
- When appropriate identify and refer participants for supportive services to
enhance student success.
- Participate in training sessions and/or attend regional/state conferences for
professional development when needed.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Bachelors Degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in teaching or classroom facilitation.
- Experience working with adult learners.
- Experience with curriculum development and classroom management.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Customer service focus, with strong problem solving and organizational
- Demonstrated ability to interact with individuals from diverse and multi-ethnic
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
- Masters degree.
- Experience working with Adult literacy education.
Special Note:Site-locations may be through out Cuyahoga County
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.