Fire/EMS Support Specialist
Department: Fire N/C
Location: KeyBank Public Safety Training Center
Reports To: Director, Fire Academy
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req41
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: PT108-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Hours will depend on program needs
- Provides non-instructional skill station supervision in the firefighter agility
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge in all types of tools and equipment used in firefighter training.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals at all levels internal and
external to the College
- Basic math skills
- Must have a valid Ohio driver's license and ability to meet the College's insurability
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Associate's degree
- Experience in fire training
Special Note:Frequently required to stand for extended periods of time. Must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.