Shuttle Bus Driver
This is a part-time, as-needed position, and is not eligible to receive all of the benefits normally provided to members of the university staff under the standard University of Colorado benefits programs. Position does accrue sick and vacation time based on actual hours worked.
Provide and maintain a safe and secure environment in which academic pursuits may flourish, in accordance with established goals of the University of Colorado, through service in the following area: Transportation Services: Provide daily shuttle services for students to and from far parking lots, provide bus services to departments having a need to transport students.faculty/staff to locations not contiguous to the UCCS property.
- Be available to drive for other drivers that have called in sick or are otherwise unable to work their regular shift.
- Safely assist loading, unloading and securing of disabled passengers in a professional manner
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections with a high degree of accuracy and safety.
- Fuel buses when required.
- Maintain proper passenger counts and related paperwork.
- Use good judgment when the need arises to alter assigned routes due to traffic conditions.
- Be prepared to work any time of day or night, to include weekends.
- Must be flexible to assume other duties as assigned.
- Position is part-time, time off coincides with semester breaks.
- There are no Logs or Overnight trips.
- Drivers are scheduled from 06:30 am - 11:00 p.m. for campus routes. Drivers also are scheduled Charter services 7 days a week.
- Assist with cleaning of vehicles.
- Drug Free Workplace
- Pre-Employment drug test.
- Engagement with campus community regardless of ethnic, racial, political, gender, religious, intellectual background
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Apply related federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations
- Customer service concepts and techniques to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations
- Techniques for providing excellent service to all customers
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Hourly Pay Rate: $14.69
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Maintain a current and valid Colorado DOT Physical Card and CDL Class A or B with P2 endorsement, no air brake restriction.
- Must maintain a valid DOT physical card at all times.
- Be subject to random drug and alcohol screening tests
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by March 12, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40339 - VCAF-AUX-Transportation Srvcs
Posting Date: Feb 23, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Natalie Skaggs
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00001363