Career Center Asstistant Director
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Career Center Assistant Director
Position #635851 - Requisition 12572
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Career Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified/exempt) Career Center Assistant Director position.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Jobs in this career family support students' emotional and physical well-being and intellectual, cultural and social development outside the context of the formal instruction program or traditional academic unit. Functions include student counseling, career guidance, residence life, multicultural affairs, support of student activities and organizations, recreation services and intramural athletics administration.
Assistant Directors have responsibility for projects, functions or processes within a department. These positions may recommend strategy and provide professional support to Directors and may have the authority to act on the Director's behalf. Assistant Directors typically supervise other staff but do not generally control the allocation of fiscal or human resources.
The Assistant Director of the Career Center assists the Director in a wide variety of initiatives, including supervising the Career Counseling Team, supervision of three professional career counselors with indirect responsibility of three student staff. Meets with individuals and groups of students regarding career development issues, and develops and cultivates relationships with students, staff, faculty and employers. The Assistant Director is also responsible for career programming initiatives including workshops and classroom presentation. The Assistant Director will provide professional, in-depth career counseling and job search coaching primarily for students and alumni of the CU Denver Campus.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring salary range has been established as $48,750 - $54,000. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in counseling, psychology, sociology, higher education, human services, social science, human services, women and gender studies, public administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience, including direct responsibility for career planning initiatives.
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Student Affairs, Higher Education or related field, with LPC or ability to obtain an LPC preferred.
- Three or more years of counseling/advising experience in a college Career Center setting.
- Extensive experience supervising student and professional staff members.
- Experience and professional training with MBTI, SII, and StrengthsQuest.
- Experience with presentation and public speaking.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Ability to communicate as well as develop and maintain relationships with diverse populations of students from a wide variety of social, ethnic and economic backgrounds including understanding the unique needs of non-traditional and graduate students.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a highly collaborative work environment.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, organizational, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead and/or participate on multiple team projects.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by March 1, 2018. Those who do not apply by March 1, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications, 2. A current CV/resume, 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references). Questions should be directed to: [[email protected]]
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30034 - AVCASA-SS Career Srvcs
Posting Date: Feb 6, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lindsie Haggerty
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00635851