PT Assessment & Orientation Clerk, Aspire
Location: Manufacturing Technology Center
Reports To: Director, Aspire
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req44
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: PT111-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Hours will depend on program needs
Number of Openings: 1
Conducts the required components of program assessment and orientation
for potential and returning Aspire students. Administers the state of Ohio
initial and on-going assessments required for Aspire program enrollment.
- Standardized test administration of the official GED practice test, The Adult
Basic Education test (TABE), and other initial assessment and progress
testing required for Aspire program enrollment.
- Assessment clerks assist with enrollment and orientation of students. They
proctors test sessions for internal and external clients. The assessment clerk
will maintain a high level of customer service to develop rapport with
potential students and test candidates to reduce test anxiety.
- Documents every aspect of the test administration process using appropriate
forms and respond appropriately to situation involving test security.
- The assessment clerk will maintain strict confidentiality regarding candidates.
- Demonstrated understanding of standardized testing principles. Screens incoming clients for proper IDs prior to administering the test, maintain and record test results and materials
associated with the testing session.
- Discuss test results with each client andact as liaison between Literacy Services Program Coordinator, monitors inventory of test supplies and inform Program Assistant(s) of items needed;
completes related assignment and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED Diploma with some college
- Experience administering standardized testing
- Ability to follow strict procedures and multi-step processes. Extremely
organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and complete assigned tasks
with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Customer service focus, with strong problem solving and organizational
- Demonstrated ability to interact with individuals from diverse and multi-ethnic
backgrounds; and sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Proficient with MS Office applications as well as email.
Must be able to lift 30 pounds of assessment materials.
- Associate's Degree
- Experience working with adult learners.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.