Department: Learning Commons
Location: Metropolitan Campus
Reports To: Asst Dean, Learning Commons
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req60
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: PT122-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: To be determined.
- Uses innovative approaches to plan and deliver instruction and research to a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
- Responsibilities include in-person and electronic reference, collection development, bibliographic and information literacy instruction, and liaison work with faculty. Contributes to the development of new services and programs, with particular emphasis on electronic media and technology. Monitors and evaluates new research and information technologies. Publicizes and promotes library services. Assists with activities in the Academic Excellence Center. Works on special topics and community outreach projects. Participates in appropriate professional development activities.
- Master's degree in Library Science from an accredited ALA program. Ability to provide reference and research assistance and instruction at a general reference desk on the use of print and electronic resources. Demonstrated proficiency in online searching and information retrieval. Knowledge of Web site design and familiarity with at least one Web development product
- Willingness to learn and/or have experience in the use of instructional technologies to teach traditional, hybrid and/or distance learning classes, and/or as a supplement.
- Knowledge and skills in a variety of computer usage and software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated experience in bibliographic and information literacy instruction.
- Experience with electronic reference, Internet harvesting and indexing, and metadata.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.