University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Neurology has an immediate opening for a part time Clinical Social Worker at the University of Colorado
Job Responsibilities: Duties include but are not limited to:
Social Worker will work as part of interdisciplinary outpatient team with patients with Huntington's disease and their families. Social worker's role on the team will include counselling both patient and families, arrangement of services, assistance with transitions in care and assistance with arranging psychosocial and financial support as needed. Social worker may be asked to follow-up with patients by phone or in person. Telemedicine services are being developed and the social worker will be part of a team approach to telemedicine management of patients.
- A Master of Social Work degree is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience working in a social worker setting.
- Experience with neurologic and/or palliative care patients preferred.
- An active Licensed Clinical Social Worker license is preferred, though as a substitute, the candidate must be scheduled to take their LCSW certification exam within 1 year of their hire date.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12568
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20244 - SOM-Neurology
Posting Date: Feb 7, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alexander Stein
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00740196