* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Department of Psychiatry/Addiction Research and Treatment Services/Outpatient
Addictions Nurse (Health Care Technician III)
Position #00679151 Posting #12171
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus ("the University") is seeking a full-time, University Staff (non-classified) Addictions Nurse (Health Care Technician III) for an open position within the Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS) Adult Outpatient Program, with clinic locations in Denver, Aurora and Arvada. The ARTS Adult Outpatient Program is within the School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry. ARTS Adult Outpatient clinics provide drug and alcohol assessment, psychosocial and pharmacological treatment for adults. Programs in various clinic locations include traditional outpatient, intensive outpatient and may contain specialty services for clients referred by the criminal justice system, county departments of human services, and services for pregnant women, individuals who are HIV positive or gender responsive services.
This position will be required to perform work duties among three ARTS Opioid Treatment Programs, currently located in Aurora, Arvada, and Denver. This position will report to the Manager of Nursing Operations and the Clinic Coordinator. The Addictions Nurse is responsible to perform work related to dispensing medications, drawing blood from patients, and other duties as assigned. This position is required to work 40 hours per week during business operation hours, Monday to Friday 5:00am - 1:30pm, and Saturday from 5:00am to 10:00am.
- Administer medication such as Methadone, Suboxone, Naltrexone, Antabuse and Vivitrol to patients.
- Assess patients' needs for physical exams, and report observations to physicians and/or counselors.
- Monitor each patient's vital signs and health condition.
- Blood Drawing for labs and/or obtaining test results.
- Assess adverse reaction to medications, and issues relating to drug overdose, HIV, and/or HCV.
- Handle infectious materials, human blood or other body fluids according to applicable policy and procedures.
- Maintain current and accurate records and treatment notes as required by policy.
- Maintain accurate inventory records of medications according to all regulatory agency standards.
- Produce and maintain other records as directed by the supervisor.
- Compose medication reports and provide them to medical staff and counselors.
Training and Certification/License
- Possess and maintain valid IV certification
- Attend team meetings and case conferences.
- Attend approved training sessions and professional development opportunities to upgrade skills, obtain and/or maintain required certifications and/or licenses.
Performs Other Duties as Assigned
- May include, but not limited to: billing and voucher tracking, collecting drug tests and recording results accurately, answering phone, etc.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $43,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
The University offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. To ensure ARTS program integrity, prospective employees may be required to submit to pre-employment urine testing.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Two years of nursing assistance, nursing, or related experience
- Must possess and maintain a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) license with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA)
- Must possess and maintain a valid IV certification
- College course work appropriate to the assignment may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to work 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 5:00am - 1:30pm, and Saturday 5:00am - 10:00am.
- Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI), and the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident, or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.
- Prior work experience with medication assisted treatment
- Prior work experience with patients in substance use disorder treatment
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills, which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors.
- Ability to manage difficult behaviors
- Ability to engage patients in treatment for substance use disorder treatment
- Ability to comply with established rules, policies and procedures and meet deadlines
- Ability to be open-minded and nonjudgmental
- Ability to develop healthy relationships with clients
- Ability to establish boundaries with clients
- Ability to exercise discretion (e.g. patient confidentiality)
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. 4) Copy of your high school diploma or GED. Questions should be directed to Shingo (Sean) Ishida at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: Dec 21, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Shingo (Sean) Ishida
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00679151