Instructor, Fire Academy
Department: Fire Academy
Location: KeyBank Public Safety Training Center
Reports To: Director, Fire Academy
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req42
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: PT109-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Hours will depend on program needs
Provides instruction in Firefighter 1 & 2 certification, according to state
approved curriculum. Coordinates and evaluates student performance
through various evaluation processes.
- Valid firefighter 2 Instructor certification.
- Knowledge in all types of tools and equipment used in firefighter training.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals at all levels internally and
externally through the College
- Basic math skills.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver's license and ability to meet the College's insurability
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
- Associate's degree
- Experience in fire training
Special Note:Frequently required to stand for extended periods of time. Must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.