Business Services Professional
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
Business Services Professional (Entry-Level)
Position #218262 - Requisition #12501
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Professional position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
This position provides professional support to the Associate Dean and Health Care Program Administrator in the operations and management of the College of Nursing Office of Clinical and Community Affairs (CCA). Independent judgment as well as ability to effectively and efficiently manage the financial and operational resources is required in the position.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Identify operational assessments for new practice initiatives, ensuring suitable practice staffing and billing mechanisms are in place.
- Facilitate orientation and onboarding process for new practice faculty and staff in CCA.
- Develop and/or revise policies and procedures to ensure the effective operation of the CCA and ensures the currency of manuals that address such.
- Executes the ordering and procurement processes for supplies; reallocates Procurement Card purchases for the Office of Clinical and Community Affairs (CCA). Provides staff support to the HealthCare Partners Governing Board.
Faculty Practice Coordination
- Manage faculty clinical practice on-call scheduling and coverage for approximately fifteen clinical practice sites by scheduling providers and seeking coverage for vacancies.
- This position is responsible for determining the contractual requirements and finding a qualified practitioner who can replace the sick faculty member. This requires an understanding of the complexity of the clinical practitioner requirements, clinical agency contractual obligations, and search and hiring process if a faculty practitioner is unavailable.
- Collaborate with CCA staff to manage and reconcile the incentive disbursements and continuing professional development funds for the practice faculty.
- Verify time sheets and process payments and reimbursements for practice faculty; contact faculty for discrepancies in time sheets.
- Implement record-keeping systems, clinic hours and services.
Faculty Practice credentialing management.
- Collaborate in the management of the credentialing process of clinical faculty with various outside agencies. This process requires knowledge of advanced practice regulations and maintaining currency of provider files, which requires an understanding of the complexities of regulatory agency requirements.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience performing finance functions such as maintaining and monitoring budgets, creating purchase orders/requisitions and procurement duties.
- Experience performing HR-related functions such as recruitment, payroll administration, time and leave system entry, and personnel records management.
- Experience working in a health services clinic.
- Experience with or exposure to the credentialing process with regulatory agencies
- Experience developing and implementing work processes and procedures.
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of advanced-practice regulations for clinical faculty.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Ryan Untisz, PHR (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin February 6th, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Jan 29, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ryan Untisz
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00218262