Web Infrastructure/Operations Expert
The web team at LASP is looking for a systems administrator comfortable at work on web infrastructure. The successful applicant will provide day-to-day operational support for our web servers and other system infrastructure. Responsible for performing a variety of tasks requiring excellent technical / problem solving skills and maintaining solid understanding of modern web ecosystems and software operations.
• Help develop and modernize our existing infrastructure
• Aid in the transition towards containerization and infrastructure as code
• Implement Ansible roles and scripts related to deployment of our web infrastructure
• Implement and manage CI / CD jobs and tools using Hudson and Jenkins
• Aid in transition to highly available, redundant architecture
• Support deployment, provisioning, and patch management for servers in production and development environments
• Deploy, configure and support Unix based software packages and operating systems
• Manage / support certain web based productivity tools
• Review and solve issues involving system performance, configuration, restoration, applications and software tools
• Support developers in infrastructure buildout
• Professional experience in at least some of the following:
• Web servers / Proxy servers: Apache, Nginx, Glassfish, HA Proxy, node.js
• Containerization technologies
• CI / CD, specifically Hudson, Jenkins, JJB
• Linux system administration: RedHat, Ubuntu
• Familiarity with command line interfaces: bash, zsh
• Managing software artifacts: Artifactory, Docker registry, Maven, Ivy
• Configuration management: Ansible, puppet, chef, salt
• Log management using Splunk
• Experience administering web based tools such as Splunk, Atlassian Stack JIRA, BitBucket, etc.
• Ability to occasionally lift 30 lbs. More frequently there will be mental heavy lifting
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
• Experience with scripting, e.g. shell scripting and Python and other dynamic scripting languages
• Experience with VMware
• Experience in software engineering, network engineering, or database implementation a plus
• Experience with Identity and Access Management tools e.g. Shibboleth
• Education in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or Networking a plus
• Ability to learn quickly and take on new tasks
• Exceptional communication skills via phone and email
• Resourcefulness to multi-task current projects and flexibility in assignments
• Excellent time management, organizational and team skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:The University of Colorado Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment, prior to the issuance of an offer letter. The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and an EPLS (Excluded Parties List System) check. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment admissions, and educational programs. Inquires may be directed to the Boulder Campus Title IX Coordinator by calling 303-492-2127. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Cover Letter 2 - Curriculum Vitae This position is eligible for medical, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits programs, and is eligible for monthly vacation and sick leave accruals.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Feb 23, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00744053