Front End Developer
This individual will work closely with scientists, engineers, and other personnel to design, develop, integrate, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot web platform applications and tools. Duties include building front-end systems with data driven visualization to support space research projects, as well as collaborating with backend development team.
• Work closely with scientists, project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to design and implement versatile front-end solutions for data access and display.
• Experiment with new ways to visualize large amounts of data.
• Participate at a high level in a dynamic web platform team.
• Communicate with scientists, information technology and data systems staff, end users, and other stakeholders to translate needs into system requirements, solid solutions, and reliable results.
• Present work at meetings and reviews; give oral presentations in both formal and informal settings.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a physical science, computer science, or related field.
• At least 2 years of recent experience in web platform engineering.
• Experience with MVC frameworks such as Angular, Ember, and/or Backbone.
• Experience with visualization libraries, such as D3, highstock and cesium, strongly desired.
• Experience with front-end package managers such as npm or bower and build/automation tools such as gulp, grunt, or webpack is a plus.
• Experience with data-driven visualization, with a keen sense of information architecture and visual design.
• Strong understanding of web technologies HTTP, Apache, Tomcat and familiarity with Unix/Linux.
• Experience working with agile methods and a disciplined approach to software development, testing, and quality assurance.
• Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
• Ability to work within a diverse team environment, but highly self-motivated and able to work independently to manage multiple simultaneous job tasks with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and the ability to engage and work closely with all classes of users.
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
Please include work samples with your application, such as URLs and an indication of your own involvement with the application.
Special Instructions to Applicants:The University of Colorado Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment, prior to the issuance of an offer letter. The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and an EPLS (Excluded Parties List System) check. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment admissions, and educational programs. Inquires may be directed to the Boulder Campus Title IX Coordinator by calling 303-492-2127. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Cover Letter 2 - Curriculum Vitae This position is eligible for medical, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits programs, and is eligible for monthly vacation and sick leave accruals.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Feb 23, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00744054