University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Section Head of Pediatric Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery has responsibility for University programs at affiliated teaching hospitals of the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine. The Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Division has programs at the Children's Hospital Colorado. The Division Head will be responsible for academic activities including teaching of medical students, residents and fellows; research; and related service duties. Leadership and communication skills are important.
- Current rank of Associate Professor or Professor
- Medical Degree from an accredited school of medicine
- Board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Demonstrated proficiency in plastic and reconstructive clinical, educational, and research efforts
- Ability to communicate clearly as a leader of a team
- Current license to practice as a physician in the state of Colorado with prescriptive privileges
- Completed an accredited Plastic and Reconstructive Pediatric Plastic Surgery Fellowship or equivalent training
- Have a record of academic accomplishments to merit appointment at the rank of AssociateProfessor or Professor
- Experience in an academic clinical environment is preferred
- The candidate should also demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in basic or clinical research
- Desire for programmatic development and expansion experience
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 11341
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20328 - SOM-SRG-RS PLAS Clinical
Posting Date: Oct 4, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: David Mathes
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00739331