Alternate Funding Temporary
The ACCORDS research group at the University of Colorado Denver is looking to recruit 1 graduate research assistant to assist with recruitment of pregnant women for a study focusing on increasing maternal vaccination coverage rates. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in recruiting participants for a study, clinical trial management, and working with a collaborative, multi-institutional study focused on improving vaccination coverage of a particularly vulnerable population. Candidates should be outgoing, articulate, and eager to learn how to approach, screen and enroll potential study participants in a clinical setting. Candidates must also have a car to travel to participating obstetric care clinic in the Avon area. Ideal candidates would have previous experience in working in a clinical setting and/or recruiting study participants.
This position pays $13/hr.
Rental car will be available for travel to Avon, CO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding a cluster randomize trial (P3+ study: Practice Provider and Patient Level Interventions to increase maternal vaccination)
- Recruitment of first time pregnant women in one to three OB/Midwife practices
- Includes consenting patients to take a survey and consenting patients using HIPAA authorization forms to collect patient and infant immunization data
- Administering a survey to eligible, consented patients
- Disbursement of gift cards to patients who have completed the study
- Working independently with the immunization/study champions and front desk staff during at designated clinics during the study period
- Meeting with the project manager weekly (preferably on Monday mornings) to prep for the upcoming week's recruitment including incentive (gift card) reporting and management
- Daily reporting to the project manager with recruitment progress at each clinic
- Skills in logging data into Excel to track recruitment on a daily basis
- Basic knowledge and/or previous experience in consenting patients
- Have to be personable, professional, courteous, responsible and communicative
- Must be able to travel to Avon, CO
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 11806
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21628 - SOM-COHO Center
Posting Date: Nov 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Christine Babbel
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00741119