Electrical Assembly of PWBA and/or Harnesses
• Responsible for producing high quality electrical flight products PCBA, cables and harnesses, test fixtures etc.
• High attention to detail and ability to maintain high standards of work quality
• Detailed understanding of proper soldering techniques for work on PWBA assemblies
• Ability to work on custom cabling and wire harnesses
• Ability to work from detailed schematics, wire lists, bill of materials, engineering drawings and documentation etc.
• Ability to perform delicate rework and repair on fine pitch electronics
• Five years or more of hand electrical assembly experience.
• Skilled in assembly of electrical assemblies including hand-built PCBA and harnesses.
• Experience with harnesses with multiple style connectors for application in vacuum & space-flight environments.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and be skilled with delicate parts assembly.
• Excellent communication/listening skills as directions will be provided through a combination of both verbal and written fabrication and assembly instructions.
• Detailed understanding of proper soldering techniques.
• Maintain high standards of work quality.
Due to U.S. Export Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
- Previous or current certification to NASA STD's 8739.4 for cable harnessing and crimping
- Previous or current certification to J-STD-001 or 8739.3 for PWBA assembly work
- Experience with Lead Forming of dual and quad pack parts
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 - Cover Letter. The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Sep 25, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00737647