Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
This is a Professional Research Assistant position in the Department of Pharmacology at the Anschutz Medical Campus, in Aurora, CO, with Dr. Ulli Bayer, in a molecular neuroscience laboratory. The research project is focused on synaptic mechanisms that underlie learning, memory and cognition. Related aspects include addiction and prevention of neuronal cell death after acute ischemic injury
Examples of Work Performed
- Develop research protocol in collaboration with PI and perform studies as related to research project
- Diagnose and problem solve as it relates to the research project
- Test, verify and analyze research data
- Conduct literature searches
- Training of laboratory personnel in experimentation techniques
- Microscopic analysis of protein localization (live and fixed cells)
- Perform recombinant DNA work (e.g. mutagenesis, cloning and plasmid preps)
- Rodent handling
- Recombinant protein expression and purification techniques
- Prepare samples for analysis by various instrumentation
- Prepare research manuscripts and research presentations
- Develop and maintain research databases
- Buffer and stock preparation
- Ordering of supplies, lab maintenance
- EZA card reallocation and data keeping of orders
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Minimum requirements are a B.A. or B.S. degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry or related science. The successful candidate will have previous research experience and demonstrated expertise with more than one of the following skills: plasmid subcloning, nucleic acid purification, cell culture, microscopy, transfections, Western blotting, protein expression, immunoprecipitation, protein purification, electrophysiology.
This position requires some knowledge of biochemistry, molecular biology, and cellular biology, to differing degrees. Additional knowledge of electrophysiology would be of advantage, but is not required or expected. This position requires laboratory skills with equipment necessary to perform molecular biology and cell biology experiments.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12619
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20120 - SOM - Pharmacology
Posting Date: Feb 14, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Orsund
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00615990