Academic Services Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Education and Human Development
Academic Services Coordinator
Position #668965 - Requisition 12764
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Academic Services Unit of the School of Education and Human Development has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) position.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
The Academic Services Coordinator will support SEHD Academic Services (including Academic Advisors, Admissions and Graduation staff), Office of Recruitment and Outreach, and faculty instructional needs and requests. This position serves as first point of contact for SEHD in-person, phone, and email communication. This position is responsible for overseeing operations for the SEHD Student Learning Commons, reception desk, and supervise work study students. Position requires excellent customer service and communication skills. Examples of work performed include:
- Scheduling appointments for advisors;
- Event planning and preparing materials for events;
- Supervising work study students;
- Responding to faculty and staff requests;
- Utilizing student information and records system to answer questions and update as necessary;
- Oversight of Student Learning Commons;
- Answering phones, responding to emails and greeting walk-ins;
- Other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Conditions of Employment: Must be willing and able to work occasional weekend or evening hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for this position has been established at $36,000 to $41,500 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in education, psychology/counseling, business, public administration, social science, liberal arts, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- 1 year of working experience in an administrative position with similar duties.
- Professional experience with faculty, staff and student support in a higher education setting.
- Professional experience that demonstrates an understanding of the needs of diverse students and/or constituency.
- Professional experience that demonstrates strong working/operating knowledge of:
- Student information systems, preferably CU-SIS or similar,
- Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook,
- Advising systems i.e. Starfish, SSC or similar.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
- Experience with event planning
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and problem-solve with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to deal with challenging personalities (on and off campus).
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to multitask, plan, and prioritize tasks and high volumes of inquiries. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Open to completing small and/or large tasks as assigned and needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and comfort with technology in general.
- Adherence to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by March 9, 2018. Those who do not apply by March 9, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications, 2. A current CV/resume, 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references), 4. Proof of degree (if applicable). Questions should be directed to: Patricia Ball ([email protected])
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30062 - EDUC-Dean's Office
Posting Date: Feb 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Patricia Ball
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00668965