*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing, Sheridan Health Services
Job Title Receptionist
Position #706194 - Requisition 12487
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking a Front Desk Receptionist for a full-time (1.0 FTE), university staff (non-classified) benefits-eligible position within its federally qualified community health center, Sheridan Health Services (SHS), 3525 West Oxford Ave, Denver, CO 80236. This position will primarily provide front desk coverage at the community clinic but may provide coverage on an as-needed basis within other programs.
Sheridan Health Services (SHS) is a multi-site, nurse-managed federally qualified community health center, funded through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Bureau of Primary Healthcare; and is a collaborative effort between the College of Nursing and the Sheridan School District. There are now ~40 employees at two convenient locations to serve community health needs primarily for residents of Sheridan, Englewood, and North Littleton. A school-based clinic is located in the Sheridan School District Administration building. The community health center is located in southwest Denver on the Fort Logan campus and provides services to adults and children. Services offered include primary care across the lifespan; prenatal and postpartum, gynecology, dentistry, pharmacy, behavioral health, and outpatient substance abuse treatment. We extend the reach of the clinic through public health outreach where nursing students provide community outreach, health education, and home visitation services. Nursing.ucdenver.edu/Sheridan
Examples of Work Performed:
- Greets patients and their families
- Answers phone calls and schedules appointments for both clinic locations
- Upholds strict compliance with University, College of Nursing and Sheridan Health Services professional policies and procedures
- Collects payments from patients for services provided and makes change where needed
- Reconciles change bank daily and submits daily deposit and deposit reconciliation report
- Inputs patient demographic and insurance data into the electronic health record system
- Completes patient registration paperwork for health and financial purposes, as needed
- Notifies other staff and providers of patient arrivals
- Aids with preparation of claims for insurance payers
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods
- Scans medical records or makes copies of records as needed
- Aids in data collection for grant reporting as needed
- Provides excellent customer services
- Other duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Two years of general clerical experience
- Six months experience using an electronic health record system
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience working in a community health setting with a diverse population
- Experience with public and private health insurance plans
Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees throughout the workplace
- Outstanding customer service skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer competency with basic Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work flexible schedules
- Ensure patient privacy and confidentiality within regulatory guidelines including but not limited to HIPAA and 42 CFR part2
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 5 professional references and contact information. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Jan 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rod Devriendt
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00706194