University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Regulatory Compliance
Position #735333 - Requisition 11114
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Regulatory Compliance has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Calendar Builder position.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and Development capacity.
This position works within the Clinical Research Administration Office (CRAO) and in collaboration with the Colorado Clinical Translational Science Institute. CRAO is seeking a full-time clinical trials Calendar Builder at the Anschutz Medical Campus. As a key member of the finance and clinical research support team, this position works extensively with budget specialists, clinical research coordinators, principal investigators, various stakeholders of the University of Colorado Cancer Center, University and University of Colorado affiliates, to assist with building of calendars in accordance with budgets in the OnCore Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS). This position will be responsible for the ongoing support of the calendar and budget build functions in OnCore.
Examples of work performed:
- Stay up to date on all new and evolving institutional changes as they relate to policy, pricing, budgeting, etc. for clinical trial data captured in OnCore
- This position supports the CRAO and its affiliates with calendar building and ongoing activities in the OnCore application
- Build and configure electronic study calendars with budget details for clinical trial data capture in accordance with the terms of the protocol
- Update OnCore protocol information as amendments occur to the protocol calendar/ budget
- Develop prioritization schema to aid in workload management for calendar and budget build tasks
- Perform system testing as directed and quality control of application functionality during application upgrades
- Assist the help desk to support current customers who encounter problems or have questions
- Collaborate with direct supervisor, finance team, clinical research team, project manager, health system representatives, consultants and vendors to ensure overall completion of goals, schedules, and deadline
- Other duties as assigned
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring salary has been established as $50,000.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Research, Science, Health Sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- One year experience in clinical research
- Prior experience in building calendars with OnCore at an academic medical center is preferred.
- Experience with other CTMS or financial data systems in support of clinical research is desirable.
- Experience providing technical support to customers
- Project management experience
- Experience reading and interpreting clinical research protocols
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of study design criteria, randomization processes, clinical and bio-specimen terms used in research studies, and scientific and medical concepts and terminology.
- Knowledge of Federal and Institutional confidentiality policies applicable to electronic databases containing protected health information and data collected specifically for research.
- Knowledge of medical billing terms and research billing operations for industry, institutional and national group -sponsored research
- Diplomatic disposition and customer service orientation with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills, and a reputation for establishing and maintaining good customer and end-user relations
- Comfortable asking questions, working with minimal supervision, and collaborating with coworkers in a team environment on complex projects
- Quick and agile learner, able to adapt to changes in technology and its intended use
- Able to synthesize complex clinical trial information in order to facilitate decision making
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office, including advanced skills in Excel.
- Familiarity with terminology and processes associated with all phases of clinical research
Special Instructions to Applicants:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60065 - ADM-VCR-Reg/Compliance Office
Posting Date: Dec 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Christine Ricklefs
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00735333