Senior PeopleSoft Administrator
University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
This position exists to support current PeopleSoft applications as well as technical system and process improvements and guiding future decisions on these enterprise level services provided to the University of Colorado, across all campuses. This position also serves as a PeopleSoft Administrator team lead, providing guidance to a team of technical administrators and support to the Assistant Director.
This position designs/builds/maintains PeopleSoft environments, supports system rollouts, responds to and troubleshoots escalated operational issues while managing internal and external customer relationships, informs/advises project managers and stakeholders about project plans and implementation, conducts technical analysis, produces technical subject matter expert and strategy recommendations, and helps to educate and develop other PeopleSoft administrators.
This position is also charged with not only supporting daily operations of specific PeopleSoft applications, but must also work with the team to automate processes and procedures, creating efficiencies and providing quality business services to our clients and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides technical leadership to the PeopleSoft Administration team by promoting knowledge transfer with junior team members and cross-training other teams
- Executes IT operational objectives by maintaining current systems; evaluating, recommending, testing and installing new technology; contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production changes, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements for the PeopleSoft systems
- Establishes system specifications by conferring with customers and team members; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing PeopleSoft systems
- Articulates technology currency and upgrades for PeopleSoft systems, conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software
- Provides subject matter expertise for the individuals within the PeopleSoft Administration team
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Works with principal business units to forecast existing workload growth and to assess new project impacts
- Supports technically complex production and non-production environments: resolves daily issues, maintaining documentation, configuring, patching, scripting, monitoring, data security, and all aspects of system health
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of change control processes
- In-depth understanding of IT security best practices for technical environments and data management
- Ability to interact positively, clearly, and professionally with customers, peers and upper management
- Strong problem solving skills and effective communication, along with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and react to business needs, including rotational on-call status
Who we are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $105,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Graduation from an accredited institution of higher education with a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology, or related field.
- 5+ years working with PeopleSoft applications, with at least 3 years of full-time or equivalent experience serving as a PeopleSoft Administrator in technically complex environments
- Technical lead in at least 2 major upgrades/implementations, including the installation of PeopleTools and PeopleSoft Applications in a High Availability environment
- 2+ years' experience troubleshooting PS Queries
- 2+ years' experience administering PeopleSoft applications in UNIX platform, including shell scripting skills (KSH, Bash, Perl, etc.)
- 2+ years' experience using Integration Broker architecture and configuration
- Database Administration skills
- Project Management skills
- 1+ years' experience deploying Oracle DPK's, including Elastic Search and Puppet automation
- Experience as PS Admin for PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and Enterprise Portal
- Proven experience supporting Phire Migration Tools
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle Fusion Middleware, including native WebLogic and Tuxedo
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Friday, February 9, 2018. Those who do not apply by February 9, 2018 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by February 9, 2018.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Jan 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00700928