Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
CU Trauma, within the University of Colorado, Department of Orthopedics, has an opening for a full time clinical research coordinator. CU Trauma specializes in fracture care and works with a multidisciplinary team of providers to support a variety of trauma services including fracture nonunions, infected nonunions, deformities, complex fractures, bone infections and limb lengthening. CU Trauma faculty work primarily at the University of Colorado Hospital, a tertiary and quaternary referral center at the forefront of research and teaching. This position works directly with the principal investigators and other PRAs. Research responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: designing and executing prospective and retrospective studies; clinical research visits for consent and data collection; writing manuscripts, abstracts, and grant applications; performing literature reviews; completing institutional review board applications; chart reviews, data entry, and data management; and presenting findings at local and national meetings.
Examples of Work Performed
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• study recruitment;
• consenting subjects;
• scheduling and conducting study related visits, as required by the protocol;
• study document management;
• data collection and management;
• preparation of regulatory documents for COMIRB/WIRB submissions;
• attending research meetings, and;
• participation in educational, research and other activities related to trauma.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
• Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a health related field.
• 2 years' experience in Clinical Research
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• outstanding organizational and time-management skills;
• excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop solid rapport with others;
• excellent oral and written skills with the ability to write and conduct daily communications;
• self-motivated, proactive learner; ability to collaborate with a variety of investigators and individuals;
• basic knowledge of data collection and management;
• familiarity with computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel, and ;
• ability to represent the University, Department and CU Trauma Program, internally and externally, in a professional and positive manner.
• Master's degree in health related field
• Experience with statistical analysis
• ACRP or SoCRA certification
Special Instructions to Applicants:Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/careers Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Required Application Materials: When applying at www.cu.edu/careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume 3. Letters of reference (optional) Questions should be directed to Anastasiya.Trizno@ucdenver.edu
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20259 - SOM-Orthopedics
Posting Date: Jan 24, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Anastasiya Trizno
Posting Contact Email: Anastasiya.Trizno@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00723089