LRC Office Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Learning Resources Center
LRC Office Coordinator
Position #00669691 - Requisition 12678
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Learning Resource Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Office Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Jobs in this career family support students' emotional and physical well-being and intellectual, cultural and social development outside the context of the formal instruction program or traditional academic unit. Functions include student counseling, career guidance, residence life, multicultural affairs, support of student activities and organizations, recreation services and intramural athletics administration.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and Development capacity.
Duties include but are not limited to: Overseeing the operations of front desk/reception area, customer/student service and referral services; assisting with processing LRC service requests; assisting with scheduling of services and tutoring rooms; monitoring and meeting supply needs of LRC spaces; coordinating data entry of service requests and utilization into the LRC data base; retrieving data for reports and timesheets; maintaining direct and ongoing communication with students, faculty and staff regarding services and scheduling; implement training of new staff and tutors on the center's and services' policies and procedures; assisting in conducting and compiling student satisfaction surveys; assisting with LRC services marketing, promotion, and information events; developing and coordinating tutor/office staff recruitments; planning and preparing all student employee work schedules including tutors and SI Leaders; coordinating, enforcing and evaluating policies and procedures related to services delivery and the daily operation of the center; coordinating student employee tasks, general office and clerical duties; and assisting with special projects.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $ 33,150 to $ 36,508 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in communications, business, administration, psychology, social science, higher education, counseling, hospitality, liberal arts, human services, student affairs, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitutions: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Two or more years direct work experience in a higher education setting that focuses on student services and academic development.
- Two or more years of professional level experience in office administration/coordination, human resources and procurement.
- Experience performing human resources functions including payroll and scheduling.
- Experience reporting, managing, preparing and delivery of statistical data.
- Proven experience conducting effective training within a business office.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple activities, establish priorities, attend to detail, handle interruptions, manage time and follow up.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate policy and procedure to others.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by March 5, 2018. Those who do not apply by March 5, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications, 2. A current CV/resume, 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references). Questions should be directed to: [Lindsie.Haggerty@ucdenver.edu].
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30047 - AVCASA-SS Learning Resources C
Posting Date: Feb 15, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lindsie Haggerty
Posting Contact Email: Lindsie.Haggerty@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00743690