Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Division of Gastroenterology seeks a professional research assistant for clinical research projects in esophageal disorders. The successful candidate will be part of a collaborative research program focusing on gastroesophageal reflux disease, eosinophilic esophagitis, and esophageal motility disorders. Responsibilities will include research protocol enrollment and oversight, specimen collection, and data management. The position requires an ability to work independently, attention to detail, and ability to maintain organized protocol documentation and data.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Collaborating with principal investigators and co-investigators to enroll clinical trial patients
- Conducting study visits
- Overall compliance with the policy and procedures for conducting good clinical trials
- Screening, consenting and enrolling study participants
- Collecting, processing and storing samples for research
- Medication compliance tracking and coordinating protocol procedures
- Collect and report all patient reported adverse drug reactions and other serious adverse events
- Patient education and follow-up per protocol guidelines
- Routine meetings with monitors to reconcile data management issues
- Participation in investigator's meetings
- Preparing and submitting compliance documentation for the institutional review board
- Submission to the Human Research Subjects Portal for UCH-RSS review and approval
- Maintenance of databases
- Abstracting data from patient charts and electronic medical records
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in science or equivalent education and work experience
- Prefer a minimum of two years' experience with coordinating and managing administrative and clinical research activities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail essential.
- Demonstrated experience with creating and maintaining clinical research projects and clinical trials
- Ability to multi-task
- This position requires a high level of proficiency with computers and use of Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, Word, and other University and Departmental systems as required.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, REDCap and EPIC.
- Knowledge and experience with IRB policies and procedures.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12676
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20189 - SOM-MED-Gastroenterology
Posting Date: Feb 22, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rena Yadlapati
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00743937