*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Center for Children's Surgery
Medical Animator (Health Care Principal Professional)
Position #743164 - Requisition 12673
The Center for Children's Surgery has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Medical Animator (Health Care Principal Professional) position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado, School Of Medicine is seeking applications for a Medical Animator to work in the Medical Media Program under the Center for Children's Surgery at Children's Hospital Colorado. The Center for Children's Surgery's mission is to lead clinical, educational and research excellence to inspire innovative care for children and young adults. The Medical Media Program creates innovative visual tools to help providers educate, communicate with, and market to their patients via mobile, web, and print media.
This role will work with physicians in ten pediatric surgical departments and will function as a medical animation subject matter expert. This role will independently prepare complex medical computer animations, illustrations, diagrams and/or models for use in web and print media, mobile devices, publications, exhibits, consultations, research and/or teaching activities.
Funding for this position will be provided from the Department of Orthopedics. This funding is initially guaranteed for (3) years from start date. Continued funding will be accessed after the 3 year period.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Creates and designs computer-generated medical animations and anatomical artwork using a variety of art techniques for publication for web, mobile and print media. Production requires generalist skill-set including 3D modeling, animation, rigging, texturing, lighting, rendering, video editing and design.
- Produces medical drawings, illustrations based on specifications of the client to be used for publication in various journals, informational materials, books, reports, exhibits and presentations.
- Collaborates with physicians and other medical staff to discuss the various stages of medical animation and illustration from pre-production to the finished product.
- Observes surgical procedures.
- Operates, maintains graphic computers and equipment in performance of duties.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position begins at $74,097 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical or Biological Illustration, Computer Animation, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Five (5) years of experience working with 3D Animation techniques and software such as Autodesk Maya,Cinema 4D, Z-Brush, Mudbox, and post-production software.
- Experience working with Adobe Suite software such as After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Master's degree from an accredited program by the Association of Medical Illustrators in medical illustration/ biomedical communications.
- Board Certified Medical Illustrator (CMI).
- 3-5 years of experience in medical animation, computer animation, or vfx.
- 3-5 years of experience in motion design and/or graphic design.
- 3-5 years rigging experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in medical illustration.
- Experience working with Unity and creating apps for mobile devices.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of 3D Animation techniques and software such as Autodesk Maya,Cinema 4D, 3ds Max, Z-Brush, Mudbox, and post-production software.
- Proficient with Adobe Suite software such as After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of design and illustration.
- Ability to effectively communicate in collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Kerri York at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21495 - SOM-Ctr for Children's Surgery
Posting Date: Feb 15, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kerri York
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00743164