Associate Vice Chancellor of Research
Provide leadership and oversight for campus research and sponsored program activities. Provide oversight of policies and procedures; promote growth and development of sponsored project activity; develop activities to promote professional development of faculty for sponsored programs and research integrity.
This position reports to the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- Provide administration of campus research policies and procedures
- Serve as the Research Integrity Officer including research misconduct issues and IRB noncompliance
- Provide professional development opportunities for faculty and students concerning research activities (e.g., mentoring, funded research, research supervision)
- Provide support and recognition of faculty research activities
- Support campus strategic plan concerning research activities
- Actively engage in ongoing efforts with other units on campus to develop and improve processes, practices, procedures, and communication related to securing and managing grant, contract, and foundation funded research and other forms of scholarship
- Develop and support campus wide initiatives for externally funded activities
- Serve as UCCS Technology Transfer Officer coordinating with Technology Transfer staff at the University of Colorado Boulder
- Provides oversight of research compliance activities
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $160,000 - $175,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Must possess the terminal degree for their discipline.
- Tenurable in one of the UCCS colleges or schools
- Proven excellent track record in research
- Experience with research compliance
- Active researcher with experience with funded research and ethical requirements of research
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership in higher education
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by March 16, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Reference Letters (Not Confidential), Unofficial transcript(s), Statement of Research Philosophy
Application Materials Instructions:- If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact. - Please provide three letters of recommendation. - Please provide your statement of research philosophy.
Job Category: Executive
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40020 - AA-Sponsored Research
Posting Date: Feb 23, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Martin Garnar
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00420121